Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comparison of Honda Jazz models

Options
  • 28-06-2021 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

after narrowing down my search for a reliable used car to buy to honda jazz I've seen few ads of similar models but with some differences of which I am not sure how does it impact performance, maintenance cost etc.

For example:
    2011 1.3 petrol automatic with 130000kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011honda-jazz-1-3-petrol-automaticbrand-new-nct/28541541

2011 1.4 petrol I-vtec Se-s manual with 66500kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-1-4-i-vtec-se-s-low-mileage/28526436

2013 1.2 Petrol I-Vtec S manual with 82000kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2013-132-honda-jazz-i-vtec-s-1-2-petrol-hatchback/28374325

2012 1.2 Petrol manual with 98000kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-2012/28495401

2012 1.3 Petrol manual with 136000kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-1-3-2012/27830729

Which ones would you go for and why? What would be factors (engine wise, or mechanical in general eg. in service history) to consider for next 3-4 years of driving low miles?

On the price side I might even stretch to the 7Keuro models, but would prefer to keep it below 6Keuros on a private buy due to depreciation.

Thanks,
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

deckboy wrote: »
    Hi,

after narrowing down my search for a reliable used car to buy to honda jazz I've seen few ads of similar models but with some differences of which I am not sure how does it impact performance, maintenance cost etc.

For example:
    This is the 1.4 i-VTEC, so 100bhp and €270 tax
    This is the engine same as the first one
    This is the newer 1.2 engine, which has 90bhp instead of 100. no tax saving on the 1.4
    2012 1.2 Petrol manual with 98000kms: www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-2012/28495401
    Same again
    2012 1.3 Petrol manual with 136000kms: donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-1-3-2012/27830729
    This is the 1.4 i-VTEC again with 100bhp, and has the i-shift automated manual box which I would avoid.
    Which ones would you go for and why? What would be factors (engine wise, or mechanical in general eg. in service history) to consider for next 3-4 years of driving low miles?

On the price side I might even stretch to the 7Keuro models, but would prefer to keep it below 6Keuros on a private buy due to depreciation.

Thanks,
    Mike

I'd avoid i-shift models and go for CVT. The i-shift is an automated manual box and isn't nearly as good as the CVT. The 1.4 came in both CVT and i-shift.

I don't know what gearbox setup the 1.2 has as they don't sell them in auto in the uk, so info is scarce.
    1.3 and 1.4 are the same engine. whichever 1.2/3/4 you go for will be very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 deckboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-1-3-2012/27830729

This is the 1.4 i-VTEC again with 100bhp, and has the i-shift automated manual box which I would avoid.

I'd avoid i-shift models and go for CVT. The i-shift is an automated manual box and isn't nearly as good as the CVT. The 1.4 came in both CVT and i-shift.

I don't know what gearbox setup the 1.2 has as they don't sell them in auto in the uk, so info is scarce.
    1.3 and 1.4 are the same engine. whichever 1.2/3/4 you go for will be very reliable.

How do you distinguish between i-shift and CVT on these models?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The gear lever is different I think. If you do a free cartell check it sometimes says I-Shift in the description.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 deckboy

not many cars coming up lately, vacation time I guess.

What's your take on this one: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-jazz-low-mil-new-nct-amp-v-good-condition/28581466

?

Is it worth 6.5K? Do I need to watch for something (eg. milage seems a bit low tbh).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭User1998

Any particular reason your not looking at Honda Fit Hybrids as well?

Cheaper to tax, better on fuel, nicer to drive

• Advertisement
Advertisement