Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin City Hall question

Options
  • 21-07-2021 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question

Has anyone here got married in City hall Dublin and had there venue in the City Centre,

I just wondering did you get a wedding car or what did you do ?

The venue is just under 1.5 k away about a 17-20 minutes just over 5 minutes in a car , So doesn't seem like its worth it but then again it your wedding day so a once off,

Just wondering what people do i general who get married in City Hall ,

Post edited by Faith on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: I just edited your title to specify it's Dublin you're talking about, as there are lots of City Halls 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If you could book a nice taxi you could get some great pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 OscarBluth

The wedding I was at in city hall everyone walked: but the reception was in Fallon & Byrne so almost no distance and they got lovely photos of everyone walking together. I believe the bride arrived in a wedding car that was basically a nice vintage car owned by a family member, but they wouldn't have bothered with anything other than a taxi otherwise, and a taxi was got for a granny who couldn't really walk any distances.

Another friend got married there, before I knew them, and I believe they also walked to their venue which was a little bit further away but I'd still say no more than a kilometre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Not City Hall, but my sister is getting married in the Museum of Literature Ireland (Stephen's Green) and having her reception on Fitzwilliam Place and everybody is walking. We'll all be getting taxis to the ceremony venue to begin with and bride and groom have a friend with a very nice car delivering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

We got married in Smock alley and then had reception in Donnybrook. Dad gave us a lift over. Everyone made their own way no trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement