Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this forum still active

Options
  • 21-07-2021 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I am wondering is the forum is active as I am considering buying a 2017 740D x drive and I am wondering about service cost compared to my lexus GS450H?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I'm wondering the same thing. It's not the same since the "upgrade".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No its not active anymore. It has been archived.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm still here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's active ok but it seems to be running in limp mode since the 'upgrade. '

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bmw will be definitely more expensive to run then Lexus. Plus Lexus will still be a bit stronger built, but BMW will definitely be nicer.

As for how alive this place is? Well, new mobile version of it is so off putting, clunky amd with so much unnecessary crap in it, that I won't be surprised people come here less and less. I know I am. This new update might be the final nail in a coffin, unfortunately.

Bring back old mobile touch version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've stopped looking at the place on my phone. It's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Same, stopped looking on my phone. Terrible "upgrade". Look at site much less often on laptop now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Fairly strange they upgraded the forum to a new server and still tried to make it look 15 years out of date AND managed to remove functionality in the process....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Same here. I think I have posted once since the upgrade....this post is my second. I don't know, because I can't find my post history!!! They really messed up with the "upgrade". Boards is on the death bed.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

It is....the OP post should prob be in the 'buying' sub forum as it's about buying a specific car...

Those giving out, can give feedback here - https://boards.ie/categories/feedback

(But at least give them a chance to sort)

Post edited by BronsonTB on

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What Bronson said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement