Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Salisbury Poisonings [BBC]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its starts with text on the screen
    “In 2018 the people of Salisbury were faced with an unprecedented crisis,” “A chemical weapons attack on a British city."

I thought it was an attempted assassination of 1/2 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Good opening episode, excellent acting all round, stellar cast...shall watch the remaining two with interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

its starts with text on the screen

I thought it was an attempted assassination of 1/2 people.

The question was were they assassinated or were they allowed be assassinated? There were more unanswered questions than answered at the time.

The question was were they assassinated or were they allowed be assassinated? There were more unanswered questions than answered at the time.
    Link to Conspiracy Theories forum here for you https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106828842

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Link to Conspiracy Theories forum here for you https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106828842

Ahh the BBC, home of patron saint of Charities Jimmy Saville and other nefarious characters and other propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ahh the BBC, home of patron saint of Charities Jimmy Saville and other nefarious characters and other propaganda.

i'm sure there will be a putin approved version that centers on a nice day out by two russians to see a cathedral spire available any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched episode 1 really excellent.
    It feels like it was made by people who normally do documentaries, I mean that as a compliment

those poor down on their luck couple come a cropper iirc

hospital security not very good.

did the cop not take his gloves off properly?

the bailey's a tweeting https://twitter.com/DSNickBailey
    https://twitter.com/SarahBailey3/with_replies the wife said she was never told she couldn't touch him

confused by the scene of the woman using a perfume bottle at the beginning of the first episode waiting for the couple to get sick only for it to be shown they hadn't found it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

A nice touch to feature the real-life people whose lives were affected at the end of tonight's final episode.

i wonder will the Sturgess family have any chance of taking the kremlin to court??

i hope they succeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pretty good I thought, the news only dealt with the politics of the event, the people were only covered when complaining about businesses being closed and the like. Those most effected other than the Skripals (who are now in New Zealand) were never heard from really.

Can't believe those russian agents would be so careless as to dispose of that perfume bottle in a shop's wheelie bin?? I would have thought they would have had a more secure way of getting rid of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought that was excellent the 3rd episode was quite emotional.
    The acting was terrific....the Russians have some fecking neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Anyone else found it a bit weird how everyone was portrayed as so 'nice'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The_Dave wrote: »
    Anyone else found it a bit weird how everyone was portrayed as so 'nice'

Nice? What were you expecting? Anyway there was a narky neighbour, an angry son, a frustrated wife, a couple of scared kids, you know emotional reactions to a pressure cooker situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Nice? What were you expecting? Anyway there was a narky neighbour, an angry son, a frustrated wife, a couple of scared kids, you know emotional reactions to a pressure cooker situation.
    I was expecting reality, not some fantasy land where everyone treats everyone else well and no one has a bad word to say about the main characters

The_Dave wrote: »
    I was expecting reality, not some fantasy land where everyone treats everyone else well and no one has a bad word to say about the main characters
    well they showed some conflict with whitehall and very angry shop keepers and residents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

fryup wrote: »
    Can't believe those russian agents would be so careless as to dispose of that perfume bottle in a shop's wheelie bin?? I would have thought they would have had a more secure way of getting rid of it?

The attempts to scupper the investigation would lead you to think that spying is often more like Johnny English than James Bond:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/04/how-russian-spies-bungled-cyber-attack-on-weapons-watchdog

Keeping the taxi receipt for expenses :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is starting on RTE 1 next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I watched the first episode on Disney+ earlier.

How accurate is it?

Maybe I’m wrong because I know I know about the poison but it seems to me that Nick Bailey is portrayed as a bit thick.

He clearly knows something is wrong with and was called from work to checked out. I know it is common in fiction to have characters exposed to something to be trying to carry on as normal but in the real world wouldn’t you put two and together - or at least have the sense to have doctors check your wife and kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

The wife is shown as thick too.

Thr story is all over the news and locals are complaining and these two seem to to be the only two unaware that something is going on.

I read a few months ago that Baily was suing the police. If this episode is accurately portraying events then he has no right to sue.

Advertisement