Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

That was enjoyable - everything seemed to serve a purpose, and no filler! Having the crowd helped; roll on Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The crowd made a huge difference. An enjoyable two hours of pro wrestling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lads that Edge pop made me a bit emotional if I'm honest, it's been sorely missed in the last 15 or so months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I haven't been watching much WWE of late but I enjoyed that. In fairness Smackdown has been their best show for a while now from the bits I have seen and having a crowd back helped a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing this thread being shown as having 23 New Posts was strange. So I assumed something must have happened.

A Finn return though not the same as his NXT character since he's doing his poses. Will see how that goes.

Gotta take pity on Corbin for such strict debt collectors. He's still in a good paying job yet they take everything away from him within a week of a character change? Don't think he's going to get many donations since all the page is is an image.

Shotzi and Nox winning means a title match, right? Though seeing how Nikki still hasn't got her Raw title shot yet kinda means no guarantee.

Liv standing tall at the end of the match so guess she's not winning.

Call me cynical, but it's kinda hard to tell how much of the reaction is real and how much is piped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was with Vince. was like he forgot what he was going to say so just decided to bow and walk off.

And since it was shown again here, I was looking at the ESPYs. Did WWE just buy their own category to give themselves an award/publicity?

Is a face turn happening for Corbin

That’s what it sounded like. I knew bianca and Sasha had gone to the ESPYs and won an award but I’d assumed they’d won one of the awards that’s of offer every year, but the way it was said last night I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WWE is still WWE.

Piped in crowd noise after opening with a video package of how much they missed the live crowds.

The talent put in a good effort but the over produced stench lingers on, as does the lazy booking.

• Advertisement

Cena will be on SD, challenge Reigns, team with Edge or Big E or Mysterios?

I'd prefer Big E challenge Lashley with MITB

Bianca Carmella rematch

Cena opening things up and making a Cleveland guardians joke already.

Heyman and cena. I love it. Very mid 2000s smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah good promos by both men

Heyman doing the cena thing was great

Some reaction for our Finn

Had to Google what that Guardians thing was about

Jesus the world has really gone crazy and total PC

Well it’s better than Cleveland baseball team like the former redskins have gone to and seem happy to stay with.

Depressed Corbin is actually entertaining

E in The Bank is here

This is an interesting concept

Fuck me the crowd at that festival

• Advertisement

We now go to a festival.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh why with the fake audience noise at the festival. Sadly it shows up how niche pro wrestling is when you have to manufacture crowd noise for that sort of crowd.

Let it live or let it die by the crowd reaction.

Rest of the show was very good but that stuff really pisses me off

Pisses you off? Imagine all the talk to the WWE Universe about getting to see Smackdown live and not having to watch on tv any more only to have to sit through 2 matches, including a title match on a big screen. I'm sure there were some Bianca fans that were looking forward to seeing her live when they found out she was facing Carmella in a rematch.

Knew Corbin was going to get hit by the tank's cannon.

Looks like we've got the old Toni back. Cole mentioned she's a former NXT UK champion. Wish they'd make up their minds about the existence of those brands. That's Zelina's third match, including MitB? And she lost all 3.

Botched ending to the Usos/Mysterios match.

I notice recently that they seem to show old wins now, like Zayn with the IC title. I think they showed a few on Sunday as well.

So why didn't Cena come out when Roman was in the ring? Everyone knows if a heel turns down a match, you just go out and attack them so they'll accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wanted a bit more out of Smackdown after Raw being pretty good but it was still okay.

Cena promo was fine, Heyman stole the segment away with him doing his theme though. Balor match was good, crowd loved him and he looked a beast. Having him come out and challenge Roman was something I didn't expect but, great to see. Hope it means they actually have a plan for him and see something in this Prince persona. Guessing this is just the programme so Cena doesn't have to fight on TV though. Roman's missionary line was great too, got a good reaction and people started listening as a result.

Rolling Loud, what a disaster. From a presentation standpoint, it looked bad. I'm not even confident they had the cam feed on the big screens for the crowd to see but the ring is elevated above the audience too so they could barely see a thing. It's just one of those things that might be a decent idea but not something you can execute well. Not to mention they gave the crowd next to nothing, Chad Gable and Angelo Dawkins, really? Wasn't many good spots to get a pop from a crowd. Why not a high spot? Why not some tables? Why not let them cut a promo to try get the crowd invested. Audience was dead rightly so, fake crowd noise was embarassing too.

Toni Storm debut was a pretty great match, her and Zelina have great chemistry and love her new finisher. Serious potential if they use her right. Jimmy/Dom was a bit sloppy especially that end sequence. Not a bad Smackdown and some good set-up for the future. Guessing next week we might get Sasha returning to challenge Bianca for Summerslam.

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

They’ve gone overboard with the piped in crowd noise.. it’s distracting

Balor is well over but wish he wasn't next to be fed to Roman

I'm enjoying the Corbin storyline

I'd put Naomi, Sonya or Zelina to feud with Bianca than back to Sasha again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reigns is streets ahead of anyone else on the roster. I’m looking forward to him burying smiley Balor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Corbin is broke story is probably the most sensible money storyline they've ever done. His Talking Smack promo was great...

Everything is so sincere and then at the end he talks about not having a can opener to open a can of beans so he smashes it off the side of the footpath to open it!

Advertisement