Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/22 FSA Championship Signup thread

Options
  • 06-07-2021 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, we're back for the eighth annual running of the Boards FSA leagues.

I've PMed the code for the league. Please don't post the code here for obvious reasons.

The deadline for all signups is 31 July 2021 at 23:59, no exceptions.

Please keep chat to a minimum here to make the admin task easier. A post with just your team ID will suffice.

Please note: For those new to this forum or these leagues, this is a league which had to be qualified for in the previous FPL season and new entries are not being taken right now.

Further details about qualifying for these leagues will be posted in the coming weeks.

Good luck everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hi folks. There has been a mistake with setting up the league as it was set up as as a classic league instead of a head-to-head.

I have asked that person to change it and I will pm the new code to people within the hour.

Ok I have pmed the new code to everyone.

Signups can now restart. Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ginger Ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mhaigheo

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi folks. Unfortunately the FSA leagues won’t be taking place anymore due to issues with the new Boards forum.

If there’s interest in an FSA Cup I would gladly help out on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Xander10

How many divisions were there and how many teams in each league?

Was 3 or 4 leagues of 20 plus the qualifier league. Can't remember if there was a league two or not pretty sure there was. The qualifier league was pretty big was dam tough to get our of at the start.

Maybe just a two league format with a Premier league division and a qualifier division? Could have a league Cup for each using the new one on the official site. Be a real shame to lose the structure its been brilliant over the years. This forum update really has been an absolute mess not often you see something done this poorly.

Would be very sorry to see this go too. Love taking part in it every year. Missed out on the Premier League by one place the first year it ran. Was relegated to League One a few years later and fought hard to get back into the Championship.

Is there anything I can do that will help keep this alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,823 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm gonna chat with Scorpion Sting and see if hes ok with me either helping him get something going (even if it has to be slightly altered) or look after it for a year myself.

More than happy to help too. Just drop us a message and let me know what you need.

We have the leagues set up may as well crack on it some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

only getting around to this now due to all the board downtime.

not sure what's happening now from reading this thread but i signed up for the championship and my ID is 805466 if it's going ahead

Hi Hogey. I think CSF is gonna take the reins from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,823 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm gonna resume the running of this. So people can continue to sign up with the 31st July deadline. This will be the case for the Premier League and Championship and depending on the numbers that have signed up by then, I'm gonna make a decision on how League 1 and 2 will work after that.

Given the circumstances we're currently facing, there will be no room at all for flexibility on the signup process. Has to be done perfectly and on time now.

Advertisement