Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Time for them to forget the political stuff, Floyd and BLM and go back to what the series was supposed to be about which is court cases.
    The Good Fight was about politics right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Good Fight was about politics right from the start.

Yeah but they went to town on it when Trump got in, less and less time fighting cases and most of the episode about him.

As I said hopfully its in the past now.

Yeah but they went to town on it when Trump got in, less and less time fighting cases and most of the episode about him.

As I said hopfully its in the past now.

I respectfully disagree. For me, the USP of the Good Fight is how they intertwine real life with drama, including the Trump stuff, the Epstein stuff, the BLM stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This isn't The Good Wife though, and has been pretty blunt about that since day one. Diane & co obviously coming from that show, but clear enough too the spin off wanted to explore different ideas with a more satirical edge. If that's not to ones taste fair enough, but as I said already, we're at season 5 ... so the element of surprise is long gone :D it's like complaining Frasier wasn't like Cheers; the latter begat the former but nobody would confuse the two; in fact we're nearing the point where the spin off has run as long as the originator!

To the episode, I liked it. The quasi-court was utterly weird and would wonder if it had any inspiration from real life. I suppose as a character said, it was arbitration of sorts so why not run with it? The obvious Luca replacement feels shady as hell so we'll see where that goes.

Also, had to laugh, this episode has two Princess Bride alumni...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,185 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's mad how in touch this show is with what is happening in America, Last weeks episode about a billionaire suing about the protection social media companies have with section 230 came literally hours after Trump held a press conference stating he was going to sue social media companies and challenge the protection the have under section 230.`

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,752 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I loved episode 3 of the new series.

The section 230 case was excellent, Stephen lang always good the quasi court storyline is fun too

The new additions are top notch Mandy Patinkin and Charmaine Bingwa is seriously terrific, never seen her in anything before.

Who was the second one from Princess Bride?

I'm loving this season - quite surreal in parts, almost Twin Peaks style.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They didn't share a scene unfortunately but Wallace Shawn (Vizzini) and Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya) both appeared in that episode. The former as the drug lords rep (and he had appeared before in Good Wife), the latter as the ad hoc judge

Thanks, I missed Shawn in the Good Fight, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I don't like the direction it's going in now. Apart from the Kurt/Jan 6th storyline it's getting perilously close to jumping the shark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

The Good Fight Scores Early Season 6 Renewal, After Just Four Episodes

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

I just can't believe it's at season 5 already, still feels like the spin off only just started a year or so ago

I do hope before it ends they get Eli & Alicia to guest star.

Even get Kalinda and her boots in for one episode to help out Jay with a bit of PI work.

They wouldn't pay Julianna Margulies what she was looking for in 2019?

So what makes you think they would meet her expectations now?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Jay's long Covid is coming in very handy :)

Godamnit Diane, you really dropped Kurt in it. But then Kurt's silent routine only made thing worse.

Not sure where this ad hoc courtroom arc is going, it can't possibly last. the dream is too pure. Though it's arguably the shows most political stance, purely in a non affiliated sense. Interesting it took 5 seasons for some degree of challenge that the law isn't fair, or free. I suspect at some point they'll bite off more than they can chew, unfortunately.

Miss those animated shorts, though appreciate they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Just watched episode 5...another cracking episode...dark though

Jay big MVP this week.

The Good Fight star joins cast for new Neil Gaiman series

The Good Fight and Da 5 Bloods actor Delroy Lindo has landed a major role in Amazon Prime Video's Anansi Boys series.

Damn this week is setting up the Kangaroo court to challenge use of the N word , #MeToo, Cancel Culture is a great way to open debate and Marissa is Awesome.

The Fox News Tucker Carlson rip off is fantastic he he has the cadence of his speech down.

Also nice use of Arnie Hammer :)

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

I just realised I'm one week behind, ha. Was like, wait what Tucker Carlson character; it was all about jokes and the Kurt insurrection angle? 🙂

No even better than Kurt, I'll leave it at that.

Looking forward then.

And while this often has the most ostentatious clothes choices for the women, Liz's partner's jacket was the ugliest thing I've seen a man wear. Some odd leathery mix of a double breasted jacket and suit. Yikes.

Just watched episode 6, strong episode, David Lee is really having some fun this season, the whole cast are top notch even the guests.

Diane showing how wiley she can be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Watched episode 7 last night and I'm starting to lose interest in it now.

Woke, preachy, and Wackner's court storyline is beyond tedious now and takes up too much of the episode.

CPL 593H

USA USA USA lol

I fought the law and I won Wackner's court.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Ep 8

Well, that was a load of tripe!

Can't see Christine Baranski et al hanging round for much longer.

Cush Jumbo bailed at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree. It’s got really stupid. There’s absolutely no story as such any more. I’ll watch the last couple of episodes in this season but doubt very much I’ll waste any time watching any future seasons. Such a pity.

Episode 5 and a dark reminder of what happened in real life between each season, at the height of the chaos of those first lockdowns. The stuff with poor Jay was grim and then some. Especially given his scenes were often otherwise played for comedy with his various hallucinations. And as always, the show has entertaining, colourful once off characters - racehorse 😁

Wonder is that it for Kurt's story now or if there are yet more twists of the knife.

And this show also knows just how much David Lee to use in any given episode. The use here was especially good.

• Advertisement

I loved Episode 7, suing the Police over the death of the young black lady and Judge Wackner losing his rag with Marissa . It was directed by 'Elspeth' (Carrie Preston).

Advertisement