Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France stage 10: Albertville to Valence (190.7km)

• 06-07-2021 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

Through the mountains rather than over them, despite the relative lack of climbing this could prove a difficult stage if the wind is up. It's deemed to be rife for echelons - we can only hope.

The expectation is for a sprint finish, with Cav's rivals all falling by the wayside it really is looking good for him if he comes out of the rest day ok.

tour-de-france-2021-stage-10-map-8a4c33180a.jpg

tour-de-france-2021-stage-10-profile-4c049ebf6c.jpg

tour-de-france-2021-stage-10-climb-9470307c22.jpg

tour-de-france-2021-stage-10-finish-24f9565c7a.png

Odds from Bet365
    Mark Cavendish 13/10
    Wout Van Aert 11/2
    Nacer Bouhanni 13/2
    Jasper Philipsen 8/1
    Cees Bol 12/1
    Mads Pedersen 14/1
    Peter Sagan 14/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

I wonder if some teams like Jumbo, Bahrain, Bike Exchange and Bora will try to put Cav in trouble on the cat 4 to take him out of the picture for the intermediate and maybe for the stage win if that works. Make QuickStep work to chase back if they succeed in the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Colbrelli to win by 5 seconds after outsprinting all the trains

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Macy0161

ITV4 seemed confident it would be windy, talking up the chance to put pressure on Pog/ UAE. That only works if he's actually the wrong side of a split really.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Macy0161 wrote: »
    ITV4 seemed confident it would be windy, talking up the chance to put pressure on Pog/ UAE. That only works if he's actually the wrong side of a split really.

I think the only person that could pressure on Pog at this stage is the Opi-Omi girl.

Somebody get her a bigger sign! :P

In fairness, we've seen crosswinds see GC contenders lose 8 or 9 minutes. Even O'Connor has GvA for such stages.

• Advertisement

That interview with O'Conner there by Ashley was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's an interesting stage, in no way certain to be a sprint finish.
    You have two early climbs where the likes of de Gendt could go for it, likes of Alaphilippe and Van Der Poel could go too
    Then there's a small steady one later on where you could see a good time trialist go for it.
    I think it could be a very interesting stage and the winds will add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's an interesting stage, in no way certain to be a sprint finish.
    You have two early climbs where the likes of de Gendt could go for it, likes of Alaphilippe and Van Der Poel could go too
    Then there's a small steady one later on where you could see a good time trialist go for it.
    I think it could be a very interesting stage and the winds will add to it.

He'd be some rider if he wins today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fancy Van Aert today, think Cav will be targetted early on to try blow his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dahat wrote:
    He'd be some rider if he wins today.

Just seen now that he quit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

dahat wrote: »
    Fancy Van Aert today, think Cav will be targetted early on to try blow his legs.

Yep Chris Horner full sure there will be a concerted effort to dislodge him off the back today

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Wiggins is a bit better with the motorbike updates that Bernie Eisel. I like Eisel, but he struggled a bit on the bike. Wiggins is a lot more comfortable there.

He also gave an update on Adam Blythe, who I was missing from this Tour. He must be doing the motorbike stuff for NBC Sports. I was hoping for some triple-header commentary stages with Blythe and Kelly and whoever. They were good stages to listen to during the Giro. Hope he'll be back to Eurosport sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

If they cant get rid of cav today they should have no problem tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

I wonder if this is the weakest sprinters field to ever take to the start of a TdF sprint stage?

happytramp wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the weakest sprinters field to ever take to the start of a TdF sprint stage?
    2018 Champs Elysees when Kristoff one was pretty much the "classics" sprinters rather than the out and out sprinters. And I mean no disrespect with that - Kristoff and Dege are amongst my favourite riders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

At least not wanting Cav to win the green jersey has added an element of excitement to the intermediates.

Edit.... Although Cobrelli challenging isn't really helping

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So 15 points for Cobrelli and 13 for Matthews at the intermediate sprint?

Virtual standings then are: Cav 168; Matthews 143; and Cobrelli 136 points.

Crash, mostly Ineos and Richie Porte. Strange for them they were all to the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Looking forward to this climb, hopefully something will happen on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Morris Garren

Enfilade wrote: »
    Crash, mostly Ineos and Richie Porte. Strange for them they were all to the rear.

Commentator says Porte must have a 'tarmac magnet' in his pocket.. Quite Frankly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

90 degree right turn off a roundabout 200m before the finish line. If it starts pissing rain this could be a disaster

a0577461-658d-465f-9c0a-ad72addfa484?w=2580

Commentator says Porte must have a 'tarmac magnet' in his pocket.. Quite Frankly....

does seem to have a fondness for the ground

colbrellis a puncture

Disaster for Cobrelli

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not the best timing fir a mechanical fir colbrelli

30 seconds back and the peloton are gunning it

He's pretty much back in the peloton now. But his gas tank must be close to empty now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Splits!

Though they look a bit dis-organised up front...

Allez!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Morris Garren

Good Racing! Some of these big rouleurs must have been getting bored and have kicked it off.

Advertisement