Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Reservoir Dog Sportive 2021

Options
  • 01-07-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

As some of you may have seen in a separate 'Sportives' thread, a limited number of entries for The Reservoir Dog were made available on Eventmaster a couple of weeks back. Due to changes to Public Health measures that will be in place from 5th July we can now release an additional 300 places for this years' event on Sunday September 5th. You can book your place here from 7pm on July 5th;

https://eventmaster.ie/event/7QOdsyeFdv

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hoping I can get one when it opens so.

still need to exorcise the demons of crashing enroute to the 2018 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Reminder. Registration for the remaining 300 places on this year's Reservoir Dog Sportive will open from 7pm this evening (5th July). Just a little heads up from Cycling Ireland ; If you are a CI member, make sure you fill in your Licence number carefully on Eventmaster, including the hyphen - in the number. Incorrectly typed Licence numbers will cause problems completing your entry to the event. This has arisen as a problem for some riders when inputting their details for CI events on Eventmaster. Same goes for D.O.B. An easy mistake to make!
    And one other important thing. Take care inputting emergency contact details. Hopefully never needed, but essential to input accurately.

https://eventmaster.ie/event/7QOdsyeFdv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

All gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

What's up Corker? At 7.00pm on the dot the booking system opened but immediately showed everything sold out��

Seems like it's an IT issue and not premature sales

Sorted and booked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PhillySteak9

Same for me.

• Advertisement

Still getting "Sold Out" Is it a north county dublin thing? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Assuming there's something wrong with the online booking system? Refreshing but no dice. Same here...none available since it opened.

Seems open for 65k version only?

This message is now on EventMaster

(UPDATE 5/7/21) - a further 300 tickets will be available online shortly. this was scheduled for 19:00 on Monday July 5th, but we have a systems problem we are working to have resolved. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. This is in line with revised National Guidelines (see note 2 below).

Now all ticket types are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Seems open for 65k version only?

Both ticket types available for me now..... go...go..go..GOOOOOOO!

Sorry Folks, there was a glitch with Eventmaster site. Up and running again now!

Booked! Better start training ;)

Mom!

I made the team!

Looking forward to this - might even do some training

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭this.lad

I'm in, seemed like a good idea at the time....

I can't checkout at all. I've filled in everything but it's saying I haven't

We have had a few people having similar issues on Eventmaster this evening Weepsie. After a few attempts it seems to work. Check your CI details you input are exactly as on your licence. The layer of CI authentication that is now embedded in Eventmaster seems to be where people are meeting problems. Try again and if it does not work please PM me and I will forward your details to CI / Eventmaster to sort the problem out. After your crash on the way to the 2018 event we will make sure you can ride on 5th September.

"entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or"

I chuckled at this presuming it was put in for my benefit

HaHa... Not for your benefit. Hope you get there safely on 5th Sept though.

Any success with Eventmaster Weepsie?

Nope. I'm not a c.i. member if that's playing any part.

Just won't let me checkout at the end for whatever reaaon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I thought I had missed the boat again! But I bought a ticket :)

Weepsie wrote: »
    Nope. I'm not a c.i. member if that's playing any part.

Just won't let me checkout at the end for whatever reaaon

I know I'm probably stating the obvious here, but make sure you complete ALL the mandatory fields (i.e. the ones with the red asterisk next to them). The one which caught me out was 'Address Line 2' - which I don't typically need to fill in, but completed it to keep the system happy.

I'm not a C.I. member either.

Edit: I see from your earlier post that you have filled in everything - so maybe its something else after all... can't remember if there are additional mandatory fields or checkboxes that need to be ticked on the checkout page. Only other thing I can think of is perhaps you have an extension or plugin installed on your browser that is interfering with the page markup (I know its a longshot) - like AdBlock, uBlock Origin or similar - perhaps try the registration in a 'InPrivate/Incognito' window with no plugins?

I was on mobile, so that was probably it. Seem to have got it now. Was going to reactivate my CI membership but I'll see down the road if I want to

Weepsie wrote: »
    I was on mobile, so that was probably it. Seem to have got it now. Was going to reactivate my CI membership but I'll see down the road if I want to

Excellent!

It was a wee bit presumptuous of me earlier assuming that you were a CI member.:D

Now, I need to sort out a lift there, don't mind cycling back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

Ticket bought, looking forward to my first sportive in over 2 years. Now to steel myself for the joys of Cunard Road :-).

lissard wrote: »
    Now to steel myself for the joys of Cunard Road :-).

I'm still trying to decide if its better knowing that its coming or if ignorance is bliss. Definitely one of the more challenging parts of the route in my opinion - I think the key thing to remember is that with some of the overhanging vegetation, and depending on weather conditions, there can be a layer of slippery green moss across a significant portion of the road (not just in the middle) at the start of the climb - so need to be extra wary when you're pushing some extra torque through the rear wheel at the base of the climb to avoid spinning out - or your front wheel slipping if you need to move back and forth across the road as you climb. Apart from that, its a piece of cake, right? :P

https://youtu.be/dQCrxzLDpPA?t=176

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Was down it a couple of weeks ago, in the wet, and cun(t)ard wasn't too bad for moss. A lot of farming activity between then and the sportive though!

btw I had no issues signing up on mobile, albeit I'm a CI member.

I had a quick check through my onboard video for 2016-2019. Of those, 2018 had the driest conditions at that stage of the route, whilst 2017 (linked above) had the wettest conditions and most debris on the road. 2016 and 2019 also had damp conditions - not quite as wet as 2017 - but still a little bit of moss (mostly confined to the centre of the road). Thankfully I've never come off the bike there myself - that'll be the kiss of death now! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

Sounds like a problem for light lads, heavier chaps like myself will have the back tyre nailed to he surface ;-)

Advertisement