Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Fleet Allocations.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yeah LD225 and an 08 reg.

Many of them in Cork?, recent?

3 of them, they’re here a good while now, roughly 18 months, LD223,225,232, there were several sitting in inchicore parked up s while back as well due to corrosion issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

3 of them, they’re here a good while now, roughly 18 months, LD223,225,232, there were several sitting in inchicore parked up s while back as well due to corrosion issues.

Any idea of there regular routes?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Any idea of there regular routes?

i've seen them on the 51 (Galway),220,226,236,237,245,261, X8 (Dublin Route) and the 40 as you pointed out yourself. It seems they don't have a permanent route of sorts and are drafted in where needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Csalem

They were meant to be for the 226 but do appear wide and far.

I see that VWD28 & 29 have now transferred from Cork to Broadstone, roughly 1 year after transferring from Galway to Cork. DD22 & 25 are expected to be displaced by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The new expressway fleet with BE is a huge step up. Travel on them twice recently. My only issue is you are unable to rest your elbow on window ledge as the seats are low.

Biz-Dsk-Bus-Eireann-Expressway-E16M-investment-3-scaled.jpg
    Among the features on board the 60 seat coaches are reclining premium leather seats with adjustable headrests, charging plugs, tray tables and air con at every seat, as well as 4G wifi. All of the coaches are also wheelchair accessible and have on-board toilets.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/bus-%C3%A9ireann-replaces-20-of-expressway-fleet-in-16m-investment-1.4593972

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How many of these have they bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Woo hoo more VDL junk

Same engine and gearbox set up as the LD/LF that are notorious for breaking down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Woo hoo more VDL junk

Same engine and gearbox set up as the LD/LF that are notorious for breaking down.

But they have toilets.....

I know I asked before about how bad but they surely have done something to improve reliability??? Well put it this way I'd like to dream so....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

But they have toilets.....

I know I asked before about how bad but they surely have done something to improve reliability??? Well put it this way I'd like to dream so....

Having toilets will be great for when they break down on the side of the road and you need somewhere to go ! But that's even if the drivers will open them.... I can't understand for the life of me why there's a vendetta against on board toilets.

And yeah ha ! They were built to a budget... So no we may dream on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I can only speak from personal experience here as I'm not a driver but I've had a better experience on the LC300s than I ever did on an SP. The SEs are starting to decline now; Dundalk's fleet have had the power sockets removed and the air conditioning on the lower numbered ones (SE8 and 9) tends to be off quite regularly these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are the 08 LCs gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are the 08 LCs gone now?

Still a good few in service, good until 2022.

Some of the LEs have transferred to Dundalk for the 100x in recent weeks. Also, it appears that all of the 08 LDs have been withdrawn and are being auctioned off. I’d say they would make great camper conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Four LEs have gone to Dundalk ex Stranorlar (LE1 and 4 to 6 I believe).

Yes, all LD200s now out of service.

There has been a massive fleet reallocation for various depots over the last two weeks with a few more adjustments to come I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Spotted about 8 new hybrid double deckers in the Limerick depot about two weeks ago. Any idea when these are likely to be introduced into service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

You'd barely the bus eireann logo on them. I guess the NTA are slowly but surely establishing more ground over Bus Eireann??

I think that was the plan all along. It means they can privatise routes without a lot of people noticing. The only visible change on the outside would be the logo.

Advertisement