Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Surprised they mentioned Braun Strowman in the promo at the end. Edge beatdown was good but aside from that it was a fairly disposable Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why would Edge even be entitled to a title shot?

Did anyone hear what Corbin said in his interview? All I heard was "What's the point?" The rest was drowned out by Shinsuke's music. And that wasn't the only segment drowned out by music or "crowd" noise. Someone needs to learn to work the volume button.

Unless Mia and Sasha turn up, then that leaves the last 2 spots of MitB to Natalya and Tamina. Why did Liv even have to qualify?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kinda glad about the Edge thing. A match at MITB is no Mania but it's the one on one match that he probably deserves in front of a live crowd for the first time since Mania.

Big E is just money. Please do the right thing and give him the briefcase WWE

The rest was take it or leave it but Roman is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah Edge would deserve a one on one match but you have to feel he will get rightly pissed off when Seth Rollins enters the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Didn’t KO tweet he was taking a break? But is back next week already?
    Also, why is Bianca and Bayley still fighting? Surely HiaC should be the ending of feud, not the start!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

When they were talking about there being no-one left, i was half expecting Roman to call out Lashley, before Edge appeared.

"The tribal chief is going to have change course a little bit here, in something that's never, ever been done on network television before. Because ladies and gentlemen - we have no other choice..."

Even with the drama of the Edge entrance, I was kinda pissed off they never finished the thought :o

They were going to challenge Kenny Omega

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wrestling Inc

During today’s WWE Talking Smack, footage was shown after last night’s SmackDown went off the air. Friday’s show ended with Edge making his big return and taking out WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

After the show, Edge made his way into Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville’s office and demanded a match against Reigns for the title at WWE Money in the Bank on July 18. They immediately made the match official.

Seth Rollins was the guest at the time when the footage rolled and he was not happy at all. Rollins said he was promised the title shot at the PPV and angrily stormed off the set.

https://twitter.com/_lmaohannah/status/1408827678082232327
    In case there was ever any doubt, definitely looking like Edge Vs Rollins at Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I’ve liked Rollins recently.. he’s great as a snivelling he’s.. and he’s right, edge was destroyed at Mania and bully’s his way into a title shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    When they were talking about there being no-one left, i was half expecting Roman to call out Lashley, before Edge appeared.

"The tribal chief is going to have change course a little bit here, in something that's never, ever been done on network television before. Because ladies and gentlemen - we have no other choice..."

"We have to go outside W..."

Then Edge's music hits. That would've been hilarious.

ThePott wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/_lmaohannah/status/1408827678082232327
    In case there was ever any doubt, definitely looking like Edge Vs Rollins at Summerslam.

For the title?

Where does Cesaro fit in?

I wanted Cesaro to swing Bayley

Rollins vs Edge could be a great feud but knowing WWE they will do something with it and end up having Edge beat Roman at MITB and having a rematch at Summerslam

Big E would be a great MITB winner

no matter what the moment is, when Edges theme hits you always pop

Try out dark matches happen before SmackDown went on the air could mean main roster call ups for some from Nxt

– Shotzi Blackheart vs. Toni Storm
    – Odyssey Jones vs. Robert Roode
    – Karrion Kross vs. Cesaro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Try out dark matches happen before SmackDown went on the air could mean main roster call ups for some from Nxt

– Shotzi Blackheart vs. Toni Storm
    – Odyssey Jones vs. Robert Roode
    – Karrion Kross vs. Cesaro

Jesus that last one sounds epic

Wow Ms Black is back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wow Ms Black is back

I wonder how long she's been locked in.

I can't tell if Otis is being pushed or he's going to be endeavoured in short order.

I thought Liv winning last week got her into the MitB match. Though if she's just going to beat everyone else being entered then it looks much better for her.
    Seeing the match list above makes me think Shotzi or Toni could be announced as the next entrant. More likely Shotzi for the spots.

Could those matches be on Main Event?

Very good Smackdown.
    KO vs Zayn was a great LMS match, as much as I think I've seen them wrestle enough. I guess Owens isn't taking a break then.
    Not having Roman Reigns was cool actually, made it feel like he just does what he wants as Champion. Edge going nuts and doing that Jimmy though is gonna have to pay off with Roman not being there to help. I really liked Edge tonight as much as he didn't click for me on the run up to Wrestlemania.

Zelina Vega is back, annoyed I saw it on twitter before it happened. People are giving her awful stick about the unionisation stuff which seems a bit unfair. She was never going to be the one to do it, certainly not alone and I don't think any wrestling company are pro-union. Liv being the underdog could really work when she gets her big moment in front of crowds. Commentary could have made a bigger deal out of Vega's return imo. Although I did love Pat McAfee on top of Cole during Shinsuke's entrance.

Speaking of Cole, Am I crazy or did he say the wrong date for Money in the Bank, twice? Did he not say a week from Sunday? I assume I heard him wrong because I haven't seen anyone else say it.

Shockingly the best part of Smackdown was Baron Corbin. This is the most interesting he's been since NXT. I genuinely started to feel bad for the guy but got a massive laugh out of the whole thing. I'm on board with this story immediately. Guess there might be some truth to that trademark they registered during the week. Excellent stuff though and a strong episode of Smackdown overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ThePott wrote: »
    Zelina Vega is back, annoyed I saw it on twitter before it happened. People are giving her awful stick about the unionisation stuff which seems a bit unfair. She was never going to be the one to do it, certainly not alone and I don't think any wrestling company are pro-union. Liv being the underdog could really work when she gets her big moment in front of crowds. Commentary could have made a bigger deal out of Vega's return imo. Although I did love Pat McAfee on top of Cole during Shinsuke's entrance.

I think it's fair. She was shouting about unionisation and had "powerful talks" with the SAG president and now she's acting like none of it happened...

rgid8n02cy871.jpg

I'd regret losing my $100k+ job too but don't expect people not to poke fun at you for hollow chest thumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Liv doesn't do much for me. Can't help but feel Ruby was shoved out just so it would give them the excuse to end all association with the Riott Squad and put all their focus on just Liv.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think it's fair.
    If SAG wanted wrestlers in their union it would have happened decades ago. There's always been plenty of issues with SAG taking in wrestlers to begin with. She voiced her opinion but 1) She's not a big enough name to have any meaningful impact. 2) She can't do it alone. No one seemed to join her over fear of losing a job. 3) She would never get another job with a wrestling company if she really pushed for unionisation which as mentioned is pretty pointless given her status.

Zelina actually probably has SAG insurance already after being in Fighting with My Family too. Not that it matters. Andrew Yang also shut up about it completely. Without support from someone big or multiple people active in WWE the thing will die on the vine. At least she brought attention to it. One shame about her being back is that I bet if she was uncontracted and spoke about her experience with a Union we'd see how fruitless it was.

I also don't remember the same scorn or vitriol towards the AEW guys who were all for unions and healthcare once they started up proper.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wow Ms Black is back

Where's Mr. Black, returning too?

I hate how some are just handed MITB ladder match spots, all should have to qualify fairly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s all well and good being pro union as an individual, but the reality is when you’re stuck between being isolated and blacklisted, or going bad, to your extremely well paying job, the vast majority will follow her suit.

It’s going to not only need a far bigger name than Vega, but a very large group to ever bring about unionisation. A mass strike which includes a good few bigger names.

I like Vega and admire what she wanted to do. But it’s the equivalent of a cashier trying to strike a blow against the executives of McDonalds. It’s the wrong level of employee and nowhere near enough.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where's Mr. Black, returning too?

I hate how some are just handed MITB ladder match spots, all should have to qualify fairly

This seems to be more about Liv than the ones being entered. Like why are they being entered when she's beating them.

Maybe Sonya will put herself in. Is there a reason she's not active?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's call a spade a spade :p
    Zelina got the sack, felt sore, so made a big stink about unions because she was that sore. Once offered her job back she changed her tune. Deleting the tweet as mentioned above.

Sure it doesn't look well for her but that's wrestling. In fact, this is a topic of life too. That's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder did she sign up for less money than she was on before she was sacked and is she handing over her social media platforms to the WWE.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if she is future endeavoured again before the the end of the year if the hubby turns up on AEW TV.

Lana didn't even make it a year there after Miro turned up on AEW TV

https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1411239089806798849?s=19

Why do they think this looks good? Would love to see Kevin Dunn step down. Whoever takes over will probably just continue on with the same ****e though, sure NXT does the same.

• Advertisement

Liv doesn't do much for me. Can't help but feel Ruby was shoved out just so it would give them the excuse to end all association with the Riott Squad and put all their focus on just Liv.

Are they trying the Becky push approach to get Liv over, Becky's push was pure organic natural on her own merit

As much as I enjoy Bayley surely this I Quit match is the end of the Bianca feud

Advertisement