Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 9 : Austrian GP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Go on Lando

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh that’s close from Lando.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Take a bow Lando,

Disaster for the Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Easy win for Verstappen tomorrow, even easier than last weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Get in!!! Perfect grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Great lap by Lando - so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

What a lap from Lando, so so close to his first pole. Gutted for him to miss out but what an effort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

How close was Norris!!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Wow, that was absolutely phenomenal from Norris.

Norris and Russell a couple of stars. Really hope they get a chance soon and don't end up like Ricciardo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

Really enjoyable quali, what a lap from Norris. Would love to see him on a podium tomorrow!

Super from Lando and kept it between the lines this time. Fantastic for Russell too. Danny Ric must be scratching his head big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Georgie boy might be starting p8 if seb gets that penalty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Crowd is going to be nuts for the Dutch GP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Bang average from Perez lol

Lando " Everyone in orange supporting McLaren" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gasly, tsunoda, vettel and stroll all starting on softs tomrorow, they seem to think that might resign them to a two stopper, if Russell and Williams play a blinder tomrorow they could score some nice points, vettel will assumably get a grid penalty also pushing him to p8.

Can’t remember what tyres Perez set his best time in Q2, was it the softs? Either way he’ll need to try jump Norris early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Can’t remember what tyres Perez set his best time in Q2, was it the softs? Either way he’ll need to try jump Norris early tomorrow.

They're both starting on mediums for the race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

That's was a super Qualy session. A great watch altogether.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lando is really kicking Danny's ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Easy win for Verstappen tomorrow, even easier than last weekend.

Lando and Perez as a nice cushion between him and the Mercs. Barring a problem with the car it'll be a handy win.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Lando is really kicking Danny's ass.

He is. I really did not expect this. I was a Richardo fan but he really seems to have lost his edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Andrew76 wrote: »

Perez did a 1.04.483 on mediums in first lap of Q2. Went out for a second lap on the softs but looked to have backed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Hamilton just now: "Yes, a win tomorrow is definitely out of the question".

If all else fails, try some reverse psychology...

Bottas reckons the car is set up more for race pace, Lewis sounds a bit dejected saying it will be an easy win for Max - if the McClaren wasn't up there i'd think it was purely mind games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lets not forget that Lando started 3rd last time out and got swallowed up by Bottas and Perez early on. I think the McLaren isn't going to just magic up race pace out of nowhere.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Perez did a 1.04.483 on mediums in first lap of Q2. Went out for a second lap on the softs but looked to have backed out.

Even better so. :)

I’d be happy if the race ends with the same top 3 and Max extends his lead. Hopefully we’ll get some decent battles in the midfield, be nice if Alonso can bag some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

2011 wrote: »
    He is. I really did not expect this. I was a Richardo fan but he really seems to have lost his edge.

Yep. I feel sorry for him, he’s in the same position he was in when he left RB, except he’s nowhere near his teammate.

You can’t imagine there’ll be many more moves he can make if this doesn’t work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭racersedge

flazio wrote: »
    Lets not forget that Lando started 3rd last time out and got swallowed up by Bottas and Perez early on. I think the McLaren isn't going to just magic up race pace out of nowhere.

Yeah that is the only worry unfortunately for Lando (and based off the field spread, also for the rest of the grid!) is the field spread is significantly greater in race trim than in quali trim. Fantastic effort from Lando. This year as labelled as crucial given his partnership with DannyR. He has risen to the challenge thus far and then some. Would genuinely like to see some solid race pace from the car tomorrow to let him mix it up with the front runners.

Advertisement