Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Well done to minors
    Scrappy 2nd half and some bad options taken at back.
    Offaly did a lot of fouling, a few of which were likely goals if not stopped.
    Loss of centre back was felt in 2nd half, and if out for final will be a hammer blow for us.

Shine is a joy to watch, a real touch of DJ about him.
    Drennan quiet from play but again, a lovely player.

A ex- Kilkenny player who came up playing with DJ and has worked with Shine thinks he's the closest thing he's seen to DJ in all his years since playing with him. A different type of player in ways but if your looking for a bit of wizardry combined with hard work, he's your man and the fact he's under the age again next year shows how good he is. Hopefully he can handle the pressure and doesn't pay attention to comparisons like this. He has huge potential for Kilkenny in 3 or 4 years but there's a long way between minor and senior and plenty of lads were never seen again after being so good underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Really hope KK can beat wexford, I hope we don't get the performance KK have typically given in recent times were they play stupid hurling eg repeatley hitting the ball on the sweeper or murphy putting it out on the opposition half back line who are cleaning up.
    This has been to common most notably in 19 against wexford, 17 against wexford, 20 v Waterford, 19 v tipp.

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    What is it about Sky sports. grateful for the opportunity to watch here in the states but always get a creepy feeling watching Sky. Maybe it's just the tight jeans. ��
    Love to see the Dubs win but can't see it. Cats on the other hand need to show that their 10pt win over Wex was no fluke.

Wally over A. Murphy or Bergin is a head scratcher

Heard Wally has been unmercifully good in training recently either that bodes well and he'll really take it to the Wexicans or our defence could be in real trouble. I'm really on the fence for todays game and I think C__MC is bang on a huge amount will come down to how we play. If we're smart and work the ball around the Wexford defence then we have a real chance. Any high ball dropping in between their 65 and 21 should be banned. Hit it in further or play it short and try run through them. I think Mossy off the bench could be a big help if given enough time his abrasive charging style should hopefully reap dividends once Wexford are a bit worn down.

I really hope we win but I can equally see us being beat by beat by 4 or 5 points if we don't play smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Heard Wally has been unmercifully good in training recently either that bodes well and he'll really take it to the Wexicans or our defence could be in real trouble. I'm really on the fence for todays game and I think C__MC is bang on a huge amount will come down to how we play. If we're smart and work the ball around the Wexford defence then we have a real chance. Any high ball dropping in between their 65 and 21 should be banned. Hit it in further or play it short and try run through them. I think Mossy off the bench could be a big help if given enough time his abrasive charging style should hopefully reap dividends once Wexford are a bit worn down.

I really hope we win but I can equally see us being beat by beat by 4 or 5 points if we don't play smart.

I hope it translates to the pitch. he made a fantastic take before being taken off in his last start. Was hoping for more from the big man. Wishing him the best.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Rosita

Will be surprised if Wexford are really up to speed for this one. Looked as if they had a lot to do in recent weeks. Kilkenny could win with comfort I think.

Could be Dublin in the final too. Other semi final is a proper contest so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Great win for Dubs but Galway were totally flat.
    Think they got fooled by the cricket scores during league and when they got stuck into a genuine contest, just couldn't find the gears.

Dublin will not fear us or Wexford, a bit like Clare, out of almost nowhere they have real momentum
    Eoghan O' Donnell would be a huge loss for them though

Richie Leahy, Mossy and Alan Murphy to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Leahy, Alan Murphy and Mossy all starting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

me89 wrote: »
    Leahy, Alan Murphy and Mossy all starting

Instead of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

blackcard wrote: »
    Instead of?

Wally, Fogarty and Donnelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

What exactly are we trying to do on their puck outs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Richie Reid is having a shocker

Jesus Alan that has to be buried

Corcoran and Browne getting roasted. Months to plan for this game and our plan is........ Lump it in high

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

citykat wrote: »
    Richie Reid is having a shocker

Out of his depth at this tempo, 2 good points though
    Browne poor as well, just too frantic around the ball and misses simple pickups

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Some point from Eoin Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭kksaints

Tight match. We really need to be taking at least one of those goal chances. Billy Ryan has been anonymous, TJ hasn't done much from open play. Eoin Cody has done well. Puckouts are going very long.

Should be out of sight at HT. Given our record last year maybe that’s no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭brookville

Cody leading our attack.alan Murphy should of squared that to tj.Eoin cody with 2 good chances aswell.we need to be taking our chances.Rory o Connor wexford biggest threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

4 golden goal chances butchered and we are still ahead.
    Harsh analysis on R Reid (chin will burn almost anyone once he gets motoring) and I suspect it's Leahy that may not return for 2nd half.
    Wing backs struggling, but again, up against the best Wex have to offer.
    Full backline redundant as Wex just shooting from distance.

We have good subs, let' use them

Some point from Eoin Cody.

At 20 it's amazing how much he's bulked up w/out losing anything. Not sure how close to 21 he is but he looks about 2-3 yrs ahead of the game. Maybe I'm just living in the past. Richie Leahy looks to have put on a few pounds too. Surprised John Donnelly isn't starting but imagine we'll see him soon.
    Conor Delaney is missed.
    Enjoyable match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭conor05

Rory o Connor is hurling the socks off Conor Browne.

Surely that had to be switched.

conor05 wrote: »
    Rory o Connor is hurling the socks off Conor Browne.

Surely that had to be switched.

Agree, but who do put on him? Bring on
    Darren, with no game time? Joey? I wouldn't have a clue. Glad I'm not a manager

Get Billy Ryan off. JD must be frothing

;-)

Jesus Christ some of our decisions are woeful

Lump it long, lose the breaking ball, repeat.

Reagrdless of result this is more of the same, brainless ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

1 point in 15 minutes, is it?

Is Wally still in Crowe park?

citykat wrote: »
    Is Wally still in Crowe park?

Bout time

Lump it long, lose the breaking ball, repeat.

Reagrdless of result this is more of the same, brainless ****e

Unreal. Rinse & repeat

• Advertisement

JD making the difference.

Advertisement