Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

greenspurs wrote: »
    Minor team :

Capture3.png

The right side of that attack looks lethal(I'm sure they won't play there) will be interesting to see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

That's where they played against Wexford no? Not sure why they'd change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭brookville

That's where they played against Wexford no? Not sure why they'd change.

There seems to be a few changes from the last match is there?this seems to be a good crop

Fitz has moved from corner forward to wing back, Beirne to midfield and O Brien from midfield to corner forward. Langton in for Lacey at centre back is the only personnel change.

Fitz, Doyle, Shine and Dunne all underage for the 2021 competiton.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

greenspurs wrote: »
    Minor team :

Capture3.png

Just looking for help for the subs first names.I’m working at the game tomorrow and trying to get stuff prepared tonight and if anyone has them I’d appreciate it

• Advertisement

The ones I know

Oisin Kelly
    Liam Lacey
    Ted Dunne
    Killian Carey
    Naoise Dempsey
    Brendan or Brandon Wheeler - not sure on that one

Edit: just copped that the stream is by Offaly GAA and you have to sign up to their service and pay for it. That's........ Disappointing

Double edit: some of the names of the subs can be found here https://kilkennygaa.ie/2021/04/kilkenny-minor-team-v-wexford/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭brookville

Hogan and delaney are out which isn't surprising as they haven't played a minute this year
    Looking forward to this game it will be interesting to see what way will we set up.I think clare gave a blueprint last weekend.We have to get our match ups right and the use of our sweeper will be very important.Id like to see someone like padraig Walsh as sweeper instead of deegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Comerman

Just looking for help for the subs first names.I’m working at the game tomorrow and trying to get stuff prepared tonight and if anyone has them I’d appreciate it

Shane Coogan Erin's Own

KILvWEX
    E Murphy
    T Walsh H Lawlor P Deegan
    D Corcoran P Walsh C Browne
    R Reid C Fogarty
    A Mullen W Walsh J Donnelly
    E Cody TJ Reid B Ryan
    Subs
    D Brennan
    J Holden
    D Mullen
    M Carey
    J Maher
    C Buckley
    R Leahy
    M Keoghan
    A Murphy
    J Bergin
    L Blanchfield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

KILvWEX
    E Murphy
    R Reid C Fogarty
    E Cody TJ Reid B Ryan
    Subs
    D Brennan
    J Holden
    D Mullen
    M Carey
    J Maher
    C Buckley
    R Leahy
    M Keoghan
    A Murphy
    J Bergin
    D Blanchfield

I think that it is Liam Blanchfield rather than David in the subs. Surprised to see Wally and Fogarty starting, Conor presumably playing a defensive role. Darren Mullen in the subs is interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The ones I know

Oisin Kelly
    Liam Lacey
    Ted Dunne
    Killian Carey
    Naoise Dempsey
    Brendan or Brandon Wheeler - not sure on that one

Edit: just copped that the stream is by Offaly GAA and you have to sign up to their service and pay for it. That's........ Disappointing

Double edit: some of the names of the subs can be found here https://kilkennygaa.ie/2021/04/kilkenny-minor-team-v-wexford/

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

KILvWEX
    E Murphy
    R Reid C Fogarty
    E Cody TJ Reid B Ryan
    Subs
    D Brennan
    J Holden
    D Mullen
    M Carey
    J Maher
    C Buckley
    R Leahy
    M Keoghan
    A Murphy
    J Bergin
    D Blanchfield

I feel that is a dreadfully predictable and conservative selection.
    I really don't know what Walter and Conor Fogarty have done to merit inclusion.

Neither has played well in years and showed nothing in their brief appearances during the league to suggest that will improve, while players who showed good form (Alan Murphy, Keoghan, Bergin) get overlooked.

And our backs look ripe for the plucking.
    Even if they survive tomorrow, I will be astonished if that 15 could beat one of the big guns

Still, really looking forward to a great day of hurling.

Even if Minors win, they will have a huge task in final
    Galway were very impressive tonight (Limerick threatened in the third quarter but Galway then just blew them away in the last 10 minutes)
    Massive backs and some lovely forwards
    Their number 4 looked like he could easily play senior
    the other cornerback Shane Morgan, was a burly full-forward on their 2019 minor team
    The mind boggles at the luxury of using a good full forward as a cornerback.

Sad to see no Richie Hogan (will we see him again for county?), there are players on that Kilkenny selection that I'd have Richie on one leg ahead of.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

You have to wonder will Wally , Fogarty start the best of luck to both teams tomorrow.

No harm in starting them if they're going to play at all in my opinion as you have Leahy, Keoghan and Murphy as impact from the bench. Wally and Fogarty in particular are not going to effect the game coming on late in the game.

The game is going to be incredibly physical for the first 40 minutes so you need to have a few boys to spring when the game gets loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Every line on the team bar the goalie & full forward line looks to have obvious weaknesses. Fingers crossed they go well but would be concerned. Good to see Darren Mullen at least in the subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Rosita

I feel that is a dreadfully predictable and conservative selection.
    I really don't know what Walter and Conor Fogarty have done to merit inclusion.

Neither has played well in years and showed nothing in their brief appearances during the league to suggest that will improve, while players who showed good form (Alan Murphy, Keoghan, Bergin) get overlooked.

And our backs look ripe for the plucking.
    Even if they survive tomorrow, I will be astonished if that 15 could beat one of the big guns

Heard Tommy Walsh on the radio yesterday and he reckons they are massive contenders for the All Ireland. Like a lot of these loose 'predictions' it wasn't made in any specific way as in 'I think they are better than x, y, and z and will beat them' , but in tone it went well beyond the 'never write off' angle.

If anyone has NOW TV you can get a €10 day pass to watch the matches on Sky

Impressive from the minors so far

Missed the start - did Ted Dunne start or did someone go off early?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

Score?

2-13 to 1-4 at HT

Langton went off injured, Gearóid Dunne back centre back and Ted Dunne in at full forward

• Advertisement

Paddy Langton went off injured after about 5 minutes

Some fantastic hurling

Comerman wrote: »
    Some fantastic hurling

If that goal had gone in there now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

Latest score? Who is playing well? Happy with the team performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

blackcard wrote: »
    Latest score? Who is playing well? Happy with the team performance?

2-20 to 3-9, few minutes left.

Full time KK 2.21 Offaly 3.09

Won 2-21 to 3-9.

Bit quieter up front in the second half but much the better team. Some lovely hurling at times

Galway will be a different animal altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Well done to minors
    Scrappy 2nd half and some bad options taken at back.
    Offaly did a lot of fouling, a few of which were likely goals if not stopped.
    Loss of centre back was felt in 2nd half, and if out for final will be a hammer blow for us.

Shine is a joy to watch, a real touch of DJ about him.
    Drennan quiet from play but again, a lovely player.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

What is it about Sky sports. grateful for the opportunity to watch here in the states but always get a creepy feeling watching Sky. Maybe it's just the tight jeans. 😉
    Love to see the Dubs win but can't see it. Cats on the other hand need to show that their 10pt win over Wex was no fluke.

Wally over A. Murphy or Bergin is a head scratcher

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement

Harry Shine got Man of the Match and while he played well and showed flashes of brilliance finished with 1-3, I'm not sure he would have been my man of the match (even though he's my club man). I thought there were some very strong performances throughout the field for us and I would probably have had Dennis Walsh or Ted Dunne, with honourable mentions for Zach Bay Hammond, Gearoid Dunne, Billy Reid, Cathal Beirne and Billy Drennan. Maybe I'm being harsh on Shine and I think he's great maybe I just expect too much from him.

Advertisement