Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WTB: 35k each way rural commute.

• 03-07-2021 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I am looking for new eCar. I do 35K each way on rural roads, no chargers on the way and my employer "might" have plans for one in parking lot, I will install a wall charger in my driveway. Occasionally that daily total might increase from 70k to 150k. Not much at the weekend, no long trips.. We have a second large estate car.

I am sort of aiming for a mid range battery, so that I think I can get 2 days without charging, but would charge every night...

I like the id3 52 Kwh, niro looks good too. Dont care for additional packages or features or flash, want a good e.car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭fits

What’s your budget? A good few cars would fit the bill but hard to beat the id3.

You could also get a second hand leaf or Ioniq and they’d manage that commute fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

Budget?
    Yes - I should have looked that up.. I see there is a large range... So I think i would be about 40k .. so staying away from the top range stuff tesla, rover etc. I

Car has to do the basics, with a little bit of comfort and sensible features. I see now for instance that VW can have an active-damper feature, wondering if that would make sense on the rough country roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Enyaq 60 with a few extras would be an obvious choice. Id4 also. 2 huge cars for the money if you have family.

Or go smaller and higher with spec. So id3 or even look at a 2nd hand leaf 40 2020 for 25 to 30k and have plenty of cash left over. Choices...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Should be able to get a 58kWh ID.3 or 52kWh ID.4 for that money and still have change. They should be able to manage 250-300km without any issues.

If you don't need the space of an ID.4, then the ID.3 is probably the better bet, especially as it's available for 0% interest on a PCP

Peugeot e208, e2008 and Leaf40 are other options that should suit your range

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

G-Man wrote: »
    Dont care for additional packages or features or flash, want a good e.car.

Honestly, Leaf30 is perfect for what you want and you just want it as a no frills commuter, this will leave you with plenty of funds in your pocket...it will do the two 70km days on a single charge but not the 150kms

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Any 2017+ EV will meet and exceed your requirements and all will be a “good” and reliable car for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

An ioniq 28kWh will do 150km no problem. 15,000 euro used) Any other car with 40kWh+ battery will do 150km+. Size, fashion, brand will determine which you want. Beware depreciation may be high on brand new cars versus buying used.

Depreciation is high on any new car.

my advice is if getting new then seriously check out the 0% pcp offer on the id3 because if still available might not be available for long.

The tour 5 is 41K with 78 Kwh battery which should be good for up to 500 kms tested as having 360 kms at 130 Km/hr 15 deg c, the id3 is around the same price as the eniro but will soon receive over the air updates which the niro doesn't and the travel assist on the motorway commutes would be convenient especially if doing longer distance in the future + travel assist will receive OTA updates the eniro version won't and the travel assist is supposed to be better. + the id3 charges faster especially the 78 Kwh on Dc depending whether or not you are plugged in to a 150 kw charger or higher.

I could guess that the larger battery id3 will hold it's value better but won't know that for a while.

0% is pretty good over the 3 years and you can decide how you finance the balloon at the end or maybe you are able to pay it off.

Of course there are cheaper id3 options with smaller battery too but if you were thinking of eniro then the id.3 with 0% and soon to be available OTA updates and better travel assist and more range ( 78 Kwh id3 ) is definitely worth considering for the money.

Went for a drive of id4 and id3.. Id4 very heavy and big feeling.. Id3 was very nice, more responsive, easier to park ( the style model did not have parking camera mind) ... 8 years/160km on batt to 70 % is also tempting. They dont allow fitting of conventional towbar - there is an option to fit a reduced towbar to carry bikes only.

Surprise, eNiro test drive won it over.. Done now a few weeks - great driving experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Great decision, great car. Other than boot space it was going to be our next car (it would have been our primary car, so boot space was key).

Advertisement