Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSPaint your House Reveal... adrift at sea

• 02-07-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭

Ahoy there mateys !
    Time to raise the flags...

YA6R6cj.gif

:)A warm Welcome to one and all - our new players, regulars and long absent players - lovely to have you all participate! :)

MSPaint Your House Reveal
    (formerly wagon, turned nautical houseboat - we are nothing if not a mixed metaphor semaphore)
    ...a twisted special episode of paint where shenanigans rule and players drool ;) ...Sign-up thread HERE

fu6lDrD.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

While we wait for the last link to finish up....

giphy.gif

...enjoy the musical joynius of Ludvig Von Beantoven :)

...and lets review our duties as shipmates, before we get our voyage underway :pac:

giphy.gif

The basic principles of the mspaint chain game remain the same, but with an added dimension. ;)
    Our current game is loosely based on THIS Team Battle thread from 2+2, the forum which originally brought us MSPaint (thanks to Rikand).

giphy.gif

Our version has similar twists, but without teams, rivalries and points (everyones contributions are equally point worthy - as it's all about fun anyway)

2+2 played this as a team battle, wherein each teams describers had certain “sabotage powers" to derail the other teams play, by intercepting their descriptions & employing strategic wordplay, before sending altered descriptions to the next painter (via the game host, as always.) I think a team "battle" concept could be fun to try sometime, let us know what you think (altho I am not prolly not capable of attempting to host such, since I can’t follow 2+2’s reveal HERE.)

In our game, the describers aren’t saboteurs - we’ve simply added in a few “other” ShenaniGremlins to stir the paint a bit ;)
    In fair play, we waited until the new players had a chance to participate, before starting in on additional wordplay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Looking forward to this Deja , you're a star for taking on such a mammoth task !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this Deja , you're a star for taking on such a mammoth task !

You're kind - I only make it look mammoth :o lol!

...and since this was an experiment, it may backfire. :(

7h6YUf9.png

I’ve made a few faux pas along the way (looking back, I should have played “other” positions differently, etc.)
    I do appreciate the overall good sportsmanship of those playing “twists” in the game; but understand some reluctance - rest assured everyone’s contribution was valued.

giphy.gif

I hope you will forgive the shortcomings and do hope some fun was had along the way!

WcsCItL.gif

• Advertisement

Our "OTHERs" were busy little beavers…
    22kZHc9.gif

Their misdeeds wordplay tasks (borrowed from 2+2) included:

PAINT PICKER: Necro
    Player picks a number from 1-10 for image selection.
    Since Necro was painting later in the game, he was not given any clues about the available images.

PAINT STIRRER: Mam of 4
    Player may change word order of the description, before it reaches the next painter.

INITIAL REACTION: wrestlemaniac
    Player receives only the 10 initials of the described words, and uses them to create another description; keeping initial order and punctuation the same.
    The next painter receives both descriptions along with a random snippet of the previous paint (think of one box revealed in the game-show Catchphrase), in an attempt to determine which is the original description and which is the phoney. The painter only paints what they consider to be the real description.

WORD SWITCH: Grid.
    Player chooses a number and a replacement word from the description, before it reaches the next painter.

50 SHADES OF ACES: Purple Mountain
    Player chooses one colour from the Aces palette from ari’s Colour Sheep Game HERE for the next painter to include in their paint.

COMMA CHAMELEON: aaronjennings
    Player may take away or add commas from the description in any way they like, before it reaches the next painter.

ADD-A-WORD: Trigger
    Similar to word-changer but adding a word rather than removing one. The next painter will receive 11 words and know one is a phony.

IT’S ALL RELATIVE: Purple Mountain
    Player comes up with a synonym for each word in the description, keeping word order, punctuation and number of words the same.
    The next painter chooses between description A or B without seeing either, and only receives the chosen description.

BACK ON TRACK: Captain Necro, Last Link
    Host gave our Captain a random list of earlier words from which to guess a word (before it’s passed onto last painter)… To right the sinking ship. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Genius Deja! Pure brilliance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Wow Deja! This is gonna be so much fun!
    What shneakiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Wow... This is going to be exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deja Boo wrote: »
    You're kind - I only make it look mammoth :o lol!

Nope , after reading your last post , describing the roles others had , it really was a mammoth task keeping track of everything, alongside the high numbers of players !

Gold Star to you !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

COMMA CHAMELEON: aaronjennings
    Player may take away or add commas from the description in any way they like, before it reaches the next painter.

ae840a8ff6dbda13d310d3f0e8daede4e97969d7.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 28,774 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh my sweet Jesus :eek:

Haven't been following the latter stages of this, due to being off on my travels (sailing, as it happens :D )..... but considering the state of my first description, there was absolutely no need to add that level of chaos to the whole thing, believe me!!!

:eek: AARON, stop freaking out the host :eek: ;):D

Teh real question is.... did we stay on track (from start to finish)?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wq9fd48n49p74ugqja4r6x7s6b6ptv0sstqhs004&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

....or did the shenanigremlins send us off course? :pac:

tenor.gif

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Haven't been following the latter stages of this, due to being off on my travels (sailing, as it happens :D )..... but considering the state of my first description, there was absolutely no need to add that level of chaos to the whole thing, believe me!!!

:eek: considering the original image, you may be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

:eek: AARON, stop freaking out the host :eek: ;):D

Poor Michael Emerson, I'm sure he's a lovely man in real life :pac:

How does anyone feel about a future team one, where "rival" describers try to sabotage the other team?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

It was a lovely description, I remember it well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I love these 'other' roles :D I am really curious to see how off course they throw us, because we have to be in the wrong ocean by now... ;) I'm up for whatever kinda paint game we run :D

How does anyone feel about a future team one, where "rival" describers try to sabotage the other team?
    I think it's a great idea.

The only thing is, with deliberate sabotage, I think you'd want to keep the chains fairly short

I think it's a great idea.

The only thing is, with deliberate sabotage, I think you'd want to keep the chains fairly short

good idea - plus it's double duty on the describers, unless we employed more team gremlins

• Advertisement

good idea - plus it's double duty on the describers, unless we employed more team gremlins
    Double duty, but both quite quick and easy jobs.
    But if you had enough signups you could have specific saboteurs

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Double duty, but both quite quick and easy jobs.
    But if you had enough signups you could have specific saboteurs

This all sounds SO evil! :D Love it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Our "OTHERs" were busy little beavers…

Wowzer!!

101562-the-lying-game-you-are-evil.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Poor Michael Emerson, I'm sure he's a lovely man in real life :pac:

24508b481455162a6ba366d41de37a1b.gif

:eek:

u3tzhE9.gif

*makes note:* add Michael Emerson to rules list :p
    • No Serial Killers
    • No NSFW
    • ...etc...

:pac:

No serial killers...?

Right guys I'll be seeing ye...

JK :pac:

ObviousComplexFanworms-size_restricted.gif

not cereal killers ari ;)

Be afraid, be very afraid... I said to my brother in Convo about mortgages, etc earlier... Find a sugar Daddy, become a black widow... :D
    His response: "I like how your though process moved past all the normal relationship stuff to murdering some rich guy so you get an apartment to yourself."

ari101 wrote: »
    Be afraid, be very afraid... I said to my brother in Convo about mortgages, etc earlier... Find a sugar Daddy, become a black widow... :D
    His response: "I like how your though process moved past all the normal relationship stuff to murdering some rich guy so you get an apartment to yourself."

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable and solid plan imo

• Advertisement

y'all may be needing a bit of chocolate...

woSYi0K.png

:D

Advertisement