Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not getting the vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Most antivaxxers would have been vaccinated as a child. Hard to say no to a vaccine when in diapers and haven't been brainwashed by YouTube yet.

I took all the vaccines under the sun for south America so I would count myself as pro vax. This just feels so pushed. Definitely a lot of women in their 20/30s have big concerns but the government seems to be just pushing pushing pushing. That approach might have worked in old Ireland where people were like sheep but nowadays people are a lot more sceptical and the approach the government is taking isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Claiming not to be antivax is not credible with the misinformed nonsense you're posting.

Only anti-vaxxers (or extremely gullible people, though they're not mutually exclusive) would trust videos they found on YouTube as their primary source of medical information.

You have an agenda, stop playing innocent.

"You have an agenda, stop playing innocent."
    I could say you have had the vaccine, and now that we see all is not well you and others who are vaccinated are circling the wagons in a type of support
    group, trying to validate your decision to get vaccinated.
    What will the medium to long terms effect be?

Curious as to why you think it would cause autism?

The problem is I don't know and nobody else does because enough time hasn't elapsed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭myfreespirit

quinneerr wrote: »
    People testifying at hearings into vaccine side effects look convincing to me.
    It would seem this part of boards is heavy pro covid vaccine and does not want any kind of debate on the risks, maybe most here are already vaccinated and dont want to acknowledge the doubts arising on a daily basis about the safety of these vaccines, maybe one day you will be open to debate, until then a i wish you all, vaccinated and unvaccinated good health

You haven't answered the question posed to you.
    Vague references to "hearings" doesn't mean a lot without some context.
    It could conceivably be the case that rare side effects will be identified as a result of vaccination, however, nothing you have posted backs up any of your assertions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

TP_CM wrote: »
    and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc).

Big Red flag that you get your information from Facebook and YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Have we ever been told to take a vaccine to protect others before though, any normal 18 year old would not need a vaccine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

*sigh* Ten posts in and civil discourse is already killed.

Five posts in and the first of the prepared antivax tropes came out. There was never an intent for civil discourse here, just a "just asking questions" post

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

The problem is I don't know and nobody else does because enough time hasn't elapsed yet.

But why did you pick autism? Autism has been incorrectly and maliciously linked to other vaccines over the years which leads me to believe you are being misled by misinformation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭tom1ie

Fairly hesitant myself, not anti vax, just hesitant. I’m yet to find a solid reason as to why I should get it, doesn’t prevent me catching or spreading covid.

If it wasn’t for the whole travel thing I probably wouldn’t get it.

Vaccine reduces transmission?
    Is that not a good reason?

I took all the vaccines under the sun for south America so I would count myself as pro vax. This just feels so pushed. Definitely a lot of women in their 20/30s have big concerns but the government seems to be just pushing pushing pushing. That approach might have worked in old Ireland where people were like sheep but nowadays people are a lot more sceptical and the approach the government is taking isn't helping.

Yes, silly little Ireland for trusting actual medical evidence over a feeling that the rollout is 'forced.' There is a sense of urgency around the rollout for obvious reasons.

I know many women in their 20s/30s (I am one myself) and all of them are keen to get the vaccine.

I think it's a sign of a well educated population actually. But you call us sheep all you want if it makes you feel good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We're pro vax but hesitant with this one because we're going for another kid and we haven't seen enough information around parents who had the vaccine pre-conception and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc). I will more than likely get it as soon as my part is done though. I'll fully support whatever the missus wants to do but from what I've heard so far she's going nowhere near it.

Would you not be more concerned by the actual known risk of COVID placentitis rather than some unknown and most likely non-existent ones?

But why mention autism specifically? Most likely that you believe vaccines cause autism in the first place which has been proven to be completely false.

You haven't answered the question posed to you.
    Vague references to "hearings" doesn't mean a lot without some context.
    It could conceivably be the case that rare side effects will be identified as a result of vaccination, however, nothing you have posted backs up any of your assertions.
    Mother weeps as she tells senator how Pfizer shot left her daughter wheelchair-bound.
    Read it and watch the video and then tell me its does not give you some concern
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mother-weeps-as-she-tells-senator-how-pfizer-shot-left-her-daughter-wheelchair-bound

Grave yards are full of heroes.

Why get an experimental vaccine with ZERO knowledge of the medium to long term effects for a virus that in reality wont effect 99% of the population?
    This is what has me puzzled, risking your health when you know the history of these type of companies in the pursuit of profit.
    meds.jpg

Your not an anti vaxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

“I’m not anti-vax but….” = the covidiots’ equivalent of bigots’ “I’m no racist, but….”

Always beware of posters who start threads in such a way as they’ll invariably dredge up half-baked rubbish from some bloke in his mum’s basement a couple of posts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

Mother weeps as she tells senator how Pfizer shot left her daughter wheelchair-bound.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mother-weeps-as-she-tells-senator-how-pfizer-shot-left-her-daughter-wheelchair-bound

oh ffs

Beasty, for the love of god, please put this thread out of its misery.

Yep your definitely not an anti vaxer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

niallo27 wrote: »
    Have we ever been told to take a vaccine to protect others before though, any normal 18 year old would not need a vaccine.

Rubella.

AFAIK it’s really not serious unless you’re pregnant so the entire population is vaccinated to protect pregnant women.

"You have an agenda, stop playing innocent."
    I could say you have had the vaccine, and now that we see all is not well you and others who are vaccinated are circling the wagons in a type of support
    group, trying to validate your decision to get vaccinated.
    What will the medium to long terms effect be?

What on earth are you on about? I'm happy with my decision and don't need validation.

I do have an issue with dangerous nonsense bring spread in an effort to scare people though.

We're pro vax but hesitant with this one because we're going for another kid and we haven't seen enough information around parents who had the vaccine pre-conception and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc). I will more than likely get it as soon as my part is done though. I'll fully support whatever the missus wants to do but from what I've heard so far she's going nowhere near it.
    Is there any recorded history ever of autism from a vaccine? Please inform me if there is. I'd be very interested as I'm a pharmacist involved in the roll out of the vaccine at the moment.

• Advertisement

But why did you pick autism? Autism has been incorrectly and maliciously linked to other vaccines over the years which leads me to believe you are being misled by misinformation

Oh I just picked an example of something which doesn't really show signs until later in the baby's life. I think it's around 1ish it can be diagnosed? I'm assuming deformaties for example has been ruled out because surely enough time has elapsed for that.

Lyle wrote: »
    oh ffs

Beasty, for the love of god, please put this thread out of its misery.

Ostrich syndrome on display here, you asked for some proof of a hearing, you got it and now are in denial, fact is you could not have watched in in the time between posts , say it all really, you dont want to know , your mind is made up, sad way to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭westdublin

Not an anti-vaccine person but I am going to defer getting the covid vaccine until the clinical trials are over and the data published and reviewed, anyone else in the same boat?

Whats in the vaccines that is making you hesitant ?

People testifying at hearings into vaccine side effects look convincing to me.
    It would seem this part of boards is heavy pro covid vaccine and does not want any kind of debate on the risks, maybe most here are already vaccinated and dont want to acknowledge the doubts arising on a daily basis about the safety of these vaccines, maybe one day you will be open to debate, until then a i wish you all, vaccinated and unvaccinated good health

Sorry but could you just list all the doubts that are arising daily about these vaccines.
    Not the doubts in your head but the peer reviewed medical doubts please and provide links if you can.

Ostrich syndrome on display here, you asked for some proof of a hearing, you got it and now are in denial, fact is you could not have watched in in the time between posts , say it all really, you dont want to know , your mind is made up, sad way to live.

Sounds like your trying to convince yourself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Flying Fox wrote: »
    The link between vaccines and autism in general has been thoroughly debunked, why do people still believe this?

Honestly, if you have concerns, talk to your doctor.

One cannot disregard the fact that there is a huge correlation. Autism develops at exactly same age that certain vaccines are administered. It is very easy to jump into the conclusion that it was a vaccine that did something to my baby, especially when one hears same all around. That's how our brain is working, it constantly looks for reasons and effects. It doesn't mean that such conclusion is correct, that there is a causation.

Of course, vaccines do have occasional side effects, Any active substance will have side effects. Only placebo doesn't, but there are risk with sole process of administering it (think infection from needle etc). But side effects worth mentioning are extremely rare.

It is also worth mentioning that, contrary to popular belief, big pharma is not making money on vaccines. It is much more profitable to let people get sick and keep selling them drugs than to make one and shut down the problem. They have no interest in vaccinations.

I really struggle to find a reason why experts would advocate for vaccinations while knowing they are not good.

grogi wrote: »
    One cannot disregard the fact that there is a huge correlation. Autism develops at exactly same age that certain vaccines are administered. It is very easy to jump into the conclusion that it was a vaccine that did something to my baby, especially when one hears same all around. That's how our brain is working, it constantly looks for reasons and effects. It doesn't mean that such conclusion is correct, that there is a causation.

Of course, vaccines do have occasional side effects, Any active substance will have side effects. Only placebo doesn't, but there are risk with sole process of administering it (think infection from needle etc).

It is also worth mentioning that, contrary to popular belief, big pharma is not making money on vaccines. It is much more profitable to let people get sick and keep selling them drugs than to make one and shut down the problem. They have no interest in vaccinations.

I really struggle to find a reason why experts would advocate for vaccinations while knowing they are not good.

I wonder is autism non existent in kids that don’t get vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

My mind is made up because I can read medical journals, the UK Yellow Card system, the CDC VAERS system that all report on vaccine efficacy and side effects. These are robust, comprehensive studies by professionals. Not some quackery out of the mouth of a dope that you're pushing here. Give us some peer reviewed examples, or something from the incident reporting systems, then we can have a respectful discussion.

A video on a site known for decades for dangerous misinformation is not "proof"

Please put your pre-prepared pack of memes and links away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭myfreespirit

The source you are using is highly unusual.
    In their 'About' section, we read: "LifeSiteNews.com understands that abortion, euthanasia, cloning, homosexuality and all other moral, life and family issues are all interconnected in an international conflict affecting all nations, even at the most local levels. "

I stopped reading at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement