Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can you remote play a Series X on a PC?

• 02-07-2021 11:48am

PlayStation has an app that allows you to remotely access your PS from a PC.

When I Google this feature for Xbox Series X I get a mix of answers.

So can you do this?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PlayStation has an app that allows you to remotely access your PS from a PC.

When I Google this feature for Xbox Series X I get a mix of answers.

So can you do this?

You should be able to do it using the Xbox Console Companion app (Not to be confused with the Xbox/Game Pass app).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You could do this on the Xbox One but I think they've managed to break it for the Series X/S, it's down as a coming soon feature. It works on Android/iOS though. Playstation remote play also works on Mac whereas Xbox never did... that said it was very stuttery for me on Mac while worked fairly well on iOS.

Streaming feature is back in console companion for series S/X. By the looks of it, the console must be switched on (as opposed to power saving mode)

Mr Grumble wrote: »
    Streaming feature is back in console companion for series S/X. By the looks of it, the console must be switched on (as opposed to power saving mode)

Ok, I'll look into this. Thanks everyone.

Mr Grumble wrote: »

So this doesn't work for X/S, only for Xbox One.

• Advertisement

So this doesn't work for X/S, only for Xbox One.

Apologies you are right, the option is there an detects the console but you can't actually stream. There is a beta app out there with some guides on how to get it working knocking about on youtube.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-stream-xbox-series-x-or-s-to-your-pc-5093348

Make sure you download file type .AppxBundle and not .EAppxBundle

Advertisement