Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap new Tractor tires - Petlas TA-60 tyres

• 02-07-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Putting tires on the tractor at the moment. The best price was for the Petlas TA-60. Anyone use them or any idea about them?
    Also the Seha KNK 50 are within the same price range.
    Good or bad idea, the branded stuff is 1.5X the price even double the price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Putting tires on the tractor at the moment. The best price was for the Petlas TA-60. Anyone use them or any idea about them?
    Also the Seha KNK 50 are within the same price range.
    Good or bad idea, the branded stuff is 1.5X the price even double the price

What tractor are you putting them on? Much roadworks, hours per year.. are you planning on keeping it 5+ years.... my experience with tyres is that poor quality is false economy..... have baurum tyres on a tractor here must be 20 years old with 5000 plus hours on them.... capable of another 10 years on current usage..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Too_Old_Boots

jimmy G M wrote: »
    What tractor are you putting them on? Much roadworks, hours per year.. are you planning on keeping it 5+ years.... my experience with tyres is that poor quality is false economy..... have baurum tyres on a tractor here must be 20 years old with 5000 plus hours on them.... capable of another 10 years on current usage..

CASE mu110,
    very little road use, tractor does about 800 hours/year. I will be trading the tractor within the next 5 years so the tires should still be in good nick

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

Can you give us the prices and brands you were quoted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

CASE mu110,
    very little road use, tractor does about 800 hours/year. I will be trading the tractor within the next 5 years so the tires should still be in good nick

That's a decent tractor doing a fair bit of work.... I wouldn't be skimping too much on tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭older by the day

hopeso wrote: »
    That's a decent tractor doing a fair bit of work.... I wouldn't be skimping too much on tyres

Don't know. I put agrimax tyres on mine a good few cracks on them after 4 years. I put Midas on a Ford, 20 years ago and the dimples are still on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Too_Old_Boots

mengele wrote: »
    Can you give us the prices and brands you were quoted for.
    2200 for the Petlas, I can get the SEHA KNKs for about the same money. The cheapest branded stuff was coming in at over 2500 (Agrimax afaik)
    These are inc vat and fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

2200 for the Petlas, I can get the SEHA KNKs for about the same money. The cheapest branded stuff was coming in at over 2500 (Agrimax afaik)
    These are inc vat and fitted

Get the agrimax if its only 300 dearer than the cheap rubbish. Bkt Syrians are a decent tyre for the money. I have seen lads put on the cheaper stuff before- superking in this instance and there perishing badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Talking to a chap in Tyrone, he was showing me Ling-Longs he put on a Deere 6900.
    Cuts silage on the country, and umbilical slurry also.
    Has them on two years, and very happy with them.
    His only negative comment was that although they are 600's, the look a bit narrower than you'd expect.
    He's sorry he didn't go for 650's.

Advertisement