Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens flat handlebars road bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Let's get first things straight - the quoted Scott does not come with flat handlebar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect the scott link is a mistake, because he also mentioned disk brakes are a must - which the scott also lacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not much to split them in terms of specs (although I don't know anything about the brakes), but the Scott is quite a lot prettier to my eye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the scott is ever so slightly higher spec, but you'd want that if it's going to be a higher price than the merida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I tried the older version of the speeder and hated it.
    Ended up getting a Cube Hyde Race. Slightly heavier because of the hub gears but it is an incredible machine for about town that requires almost no maintenance due to the belt drive.

Oh yeah Scott is way prettier. Also better crankset and tidier cable routing.

Crazy, same spec bike and I'm almost sure the same frame but different colour with drops goes for 100 more with mechanical discs.

Actually open this in another tab side by side with the one the op linked to and flick between them. It is the same frame.

https://eurocycles.com/scott-speedster-20-disc-bike-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Okay, hope you are all well.

Is there a major difference between cable disc brakes vs hydraulic for a simple around town road bike?.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

hydraulic is better, but more expensive and harder for a home mechanic to maintain. i wouldn't sweat it really.

Advertisement