Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travellers Carrickpherish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Saw the video. All I can sag is that I'm sure a hell is going to break lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Hodger

Video doing the round of a traveler giving a beating to one of local bikers.

Like something off of shameless.

Apologies if not related to thread- but it’s a deplorable video.

I can assume its being taken down online, as I haven,t come across it.

Hodger wrote: »
    I can assume its being taken down online, as I haven,t come across it.

Was sent it on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Was sent it on Facebook

Can you post a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Hodger

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Spotted that alright, ffs, does anyone give a sh1t about the settled residence at all

Growing in a local authority housing estate I remember at one point a group of travelers families arrived and set up camp on the outskirts of the estate, a few of the residents went to the council about it the group of traveler families eventually moved on.

But they caused anti social behavior in the brief time they were there. My thoughts go to the settled residents in Carrickpherish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Saw the video. All I can sag is that I'm sure a hell is going to break lose.

Those bikers will do absolutely nothing. You can be sure of that. Think you are confusing them with some chapter in America!!

The youngest of them are in their 50s and they don’t exactly look like lads into the MMA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Those bikers will do absolutely nothing. You can be sure of that. Think you are confusing them with some chapter in America!!

The youngest of them are in their 50s and they don’t exactly look like lads into the MMA!!

Well I mean, that's not exactly true. Couple of them who would be friends of mine are mid 30s like, but in the overall point I agree. Nothing of note will really happen, a 65 year old man went to do damage with a golf club, a kid and his missus both bearing weapons and shock horror the traveller didn't really care for reputation and handed his ass to him, and then apparently got arrested himself the day after.

I'd be more concerned if I was someone sharing the video actually, far easier targets for intimidation and reprisal to help ease the swallowing of that bitter pill.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be willing to bet good money on it very very little will happen in the aftermath.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Well I mean, that's not exactly true. Couple of them who would be friends of mine are mid 30s like, but in the overall point I agree. Nothing of note will really happen, a 65 year old man went to do damage with a golf club, a kid and his missus both bearing weapons and shock horror the traveller didn't really care for reputation and handed his ass to him, and then apparently got arrested himself the day after.

I'd be more concerned if I was someone sharing the video actually, far easier targets for intimidation and reprisal to help ease the swallowing of that bitter pill.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be willing to bet good money on it very very little will happen in the aftermath.

But with the whole thing being shared on social media,what are options there.
    Somehow I don’t see the bikers letting this one go,they will only lose respect from the other bike clubs in the country,so this is not the end of it,by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hodger wrote:
    But they caused anti social behavior in the brief time they were there. My thoughts go to the settled residents in Carrickpherish.

It's disgraceful how badly they're being treated, and now they're gonna sell even more houses there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Fine figure of a man. Some moves. Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Another "well known" family in Waterford might tell you otherwise regarding what the bikers could do. Whatever about the older lads, some of the younger lads who have joined over the last number of years aren't exactly angels. With the Gardai heavily involved in this, I think this will pass without anything further happening, for the time being anyway.

Another "well known" family in Waterford might tell you otherwise regarding what the bikers could do. Whatever about the older lads, some of the younger lads who have joined over the last number of years aren't exactly angels. With the Gardai heavily involved in this, I think this will pass without anything further happening, for the time being anyway.

...oh they ll buy their time alright....

Fine figure of a man. Some moves. Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.

Looks (and moves) like The Great Khali.

In fairness if you go up to a guy's house with a golf club you can expect to get a hiding. What was he ****ing thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭spaceCreated

Was this the original one or a reaction to it? Fella who who hit him would appear to be carrying a knife shaped object in his hand :eek:

Was this the original one or a reaction to it? Fella who who hit him would appear to be carrying a knife shaped object in his hand :eek:

Oh he was, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, though tbf I believe **** has a gash on his head from where ******* tried to stab him in the neck but missed and got his head (allegedly)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

KKV wrote: »
    Looks (and moves) like The Great Khali.

Been on the lash for a couple of weeks, only out of prison actually iirc

Oh he was, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, though tbf I believe **** has a gash on his head from where ******* tried to stab him in the neck but missed and got his head (allegedly)

yea hes very lucky to be alive, you wont come out well with a psychopath branding a knife, if all you have if a golfing instrument!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Been on the lash for a couple of weeks, only out of prison actually iirc

And back in prison I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

yea hes very lucky to be alive, you wont come out well with a psychopath branding a knife, if all you have if a golfing instrument!

So why go to the psychos house?? He must have known what this guy was like and certainly not naive in the ways of the world

jelutong wrote: »
    And back in prison I believe.

heard that also, theyre pretty serious offences there, so bye bye for another while
    thomasm wrote: »
    So why go to the psychos house?? He must have known what this guy was like and certainly not naive in the ways of the world

heard it was to collect someone that had already been assaulted, but he certainly wasnt going there to just have a chat! id imagine various extra extremities already exist with this one, so god knows what the truth is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Boooourns

thomasm wrote: »

He doesn't live there, he was there on the session. Seriously nasty piece of work, needs to be put away for a long time.

Boooourns wrote: »
    He doesn't live there, he was there on the session. Seriously nasty piece of work, needs to be put away for a long time.

Which one?

Boooourns wrote: »

in custody already apparently, and rightfully so

Which one?

The traveller.

in custody already apparently, and rightfully so

He was arrested a few hours after and brought to Cork for his own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

By dog walkers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Azatadine

hardybuck wrote: »
    By dog walkers?

Looks like that alright. That said, sounds like the fields are being closed off due to the lads burning gorse and stuff. I'd say that's the travellers alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement