Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Hey guys,

I have my medical shortly and I have declared that I experimented with cannabis between the ages of 15 and 18, this has been confirmed in the medical forms by my doctor. I'm in my mid 30s and haven't touched it since, however I am genuinely concerned that this past behaviour will affect my application. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Andimaul wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have my medical shortly and I have declared that I experimented with cannabis between the ages of 15 and 18, this has been confirmed in the medical forms by my doctor. I'm in my mid 30s and haven't touched it since, however I am genuinely concerned that this past behaviour will affect my application. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Was there an actual question relating to this or were you open to DAMHS?

The question was relating to substance abuse. Even though I wasnt abusing cannabis and only experimented I thought it wise to be open about it and my doctor had record of my use from that time as I was open about it to her.

Im wondering whether people think it will effect my chances.

Andimaul wrote: »
    The question was relating to substance abuse. Even though I wasnt abusing cannabis and only experimented I thought it wise to be open about it and my doctor had record of my use from that time as I was open about it to her.

Im wondering whether people think it will effect my chances.

Definitely hats off for the honesty! I can only comment on my own medical were I declared a few mental health related issues, one being when I was 18 (I’m now 30) and they were completely understanding as it was so long ago!

Each case is assessed individually and no one can tell you if you will pass or fail for sure but I can say occupational health do understand everyone has a past!

I would try not to worry too much about it, which is easier said than done!

It's hard to not overthink every detail when the job means so much. My 18 year old self and the man I am today are extremely different people and I genuinely do hope they understand that nobody is infallible.

Thanks for the reply mate, you have helped put my mind at ease slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Just wondering if anyone above 600 have got vetting forms through yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

Just wondering has anyone got a call for an August start yet or know when calls could potentially be going out? Or if an August intake is even going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

9876mac wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone got a call for an August start yet or know when calls could potentially be going out? Or if an August intake is even going ahead?

Think so far there’s been July and September! Haven’t heard any august on here!

JRR2021 wrote: »
    Think so far there’s been July and September! Haven’t heard any august on here!

First I’m hearing about calls going out for a September intake?

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    First I’m hearing about calls going out for a September intake?

There was someone asking about it on the 18 intake if I remember correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Elninotdog wrote: »

Yes I would really like to know how far they are upto now can anyone answer this????

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Elninotdog wrote: »

I don’t think we will get vetting forms until September at the earliest. We won’t know where we stand until they issue their update at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

I don't think anyone has got a September call, I think the 18 campaign someone was just asking about if anyone was starting in September. They didn't say they started in September so prob just asking

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Hey, have had a few panicked messages over being called in for interview by the vetting unit.

Despite what I've read on some other threads, it's not the end of the world, I got word earlier in the week that my vetting has now passed (it's been a long ten months give or take) following an interview last month and I'm now appointable. Just be totally honest, everyone's different but just give the best account of yourself if you're called in and don't panic. Easier said than done but hopefully this helps someone who's sitting worried, I know my nerves were wrecked.

Happy to answer any Q's where I can, if anyone feels the need to PM me :)

CLC93 wrote: »
    Hey, have had a few panicked messages over being called in for interview by the vetting unit.

Despite what I've read on some other threads, it's not the end of the world, I got word earlier in the week that my vetting has now passed (it's been a long ten months give or take) following an interview last month and I'm now appointable. Just be totally honest, everyone's different but just give the best account of yourself if you're called in and don't panic. Easier said than done but hopefully this helps someone who's sitting worried, I know my nerves were wrecked.

Happy to answer any Q's where I can, if anyone feels the need to PM me :)

So glad the wait is over for you honestly! These boards are great but they play havoc with peoples anxiety, especially in regards to vetting and medical with false information being given out!

Now just the call to wait for!

So glad the wait is over for you honestly! These boards are great but they play havoc with peoples anxiety, especially in regards to vetting and medical with false information being given out!

Now just the call to wait for!

I know, delighted to be waiting for the call finally. I had myself failed and all, I seen a previous post somewhere that said if they call you in it's because they've found something that concerned them and that it's not good news so I was preparing myself for the worst. Then to have to go another month after the interview, I was dreading coming home each day to find the letter in the hallway.

Hindsight is 20/20, but if I had seen a recent post from someone in this intake who had to be interviewed by vetting and subsequently passed, it definitely would have eased my nerves a bit so I'm hoping this helps someone :)

Happy to wait for the call now knowing that it's definitely coming lol.

For any lurkers who missed out but still keep in with this page - PSNI plan to recruit again in Autumn 2021. For the rest of us that should mean this list is exhausted! Great news all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mark Mycards

JC12250 wrote: »
    For any lurkers who missed out but still keep in with this page - PSNI plan to recruit again in Autumn 2021. For the rest of us that should mean this list is exhausted! Great news all round.

Why do you think this means the list will be exhausted?

I'm a little confused about what this all means.

Why do you think this means the list will be exhausted?

I'm a little confused about what this all means.

It means everyone on the current merit list will more than likely get a start date if they pass all managed stages.

Previously we were told that this current recruitment campaign would be used for the next few years instead of starting a new campaign.

Basically means they want more boots on the ground so it’s great news for anyone who’s in the low numbers who have been panicking that they won’t actually get a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

JC12250 wrote: »

So they will exhaust the merit list? Where did you come across the Autumn 2021 recruitment campaign info?

• Advertisement

Gda88 wrote: »
    So they will exhaust the merit list? Where did you come across the Autumn 2021 recruitment campaign info?

I would like to think they will, it would be very strange if they didn’t. The info is on JoinPSNI website.

Got the call guys for august start date!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Got the call guys for august start date![/quote

Congrats!

Chuffed for you! Congrats!

Congratulations mate. Chuffed for you 👍🏻

Delighted McFluffers, so pleased for you! Plenty of celebrations this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Just got the call. Delighted and overwhelmed!

Just got the call. Delighted and overwhelmed!

Congrats Walkman! :D

Where are you guys on merit list? Think mcfluffers was 1-20

What about you Walkman?

• Advertisement

Lol how rude of me! I forgot to pass on my congratulations to you both!

Stoked for you guys knowing where you stand ��

Reality kicking in now I'm sure
    Good luck

Advertisement