Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is Elmgreen like these days

Options
  • 30-06-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Starting to think about re-joining a golf club. Does anybody know what is Elmgreen like these days?
    My last impression of the course is from about 7-8-9 years ago and it was not in good condition.
    Fully intend going to try it out at some stage, but wondering if any members on here have any insights to share (e.g. are Saturday comps 3 or 4 balls?).
    Used to be a member in Hollystown, didn't join anywhere after it closed for a number of reasons.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

in excellent condition

reciprocal playing rights in corballis

all comps are fourballs

wednesday saturday are opens. sunday members only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I assume reciprocal rights are just for casual play? As in, I can't play in the Sunday comp in Elm Green can I?

blue note wrote: »
    I assume reciprocal rights are just for casual play? As in, I can't play in the Sunday comp in Elm Green can I?

i know you can play in an open.

dont think you could play in a members only comp

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭FazyLucker

Thanks for the advice. The idea of a 4-ball for a competition, doesn't appeal very much. Maybe I won't get any 3-ball anywhere else mind.

FazyLucker wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. The idea of a 4-ball for a competition, doesn't appeal very much. Maybe I won't get any 3-ball anywhere else mind.

i went in four ball. 3 hrs 30 this morning. not sure anywhere is three ball for comps

• Advertisement

i went in four ball. 3 hrs 30 this morning. not sure anywhere is three ball for comps

That's good to know. I thought 4-ball would be much longer. That is interesting. Thanks!

That's good to know. I thought 4-ball would be much longer. That is interesting. Thanks!

earlier you get out the better i find. in general rather than just in elmgreen.

although i always assume any round anywhere takes four hours.

earlier you get out the better i find. in general rather than just in elmgreen.

although i always assume any round anywhere takes four hours.

If I do join, I'd be looking for the first slot on the timesheet. Generally people out that early are in the same boat (i.e. need to get around quickly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

If I do join, I'd be looking for the first slot on the timesheet. Generally people out that early are in the same boat (i.e. need to get around quickly!)

You wanna be quick if you want get that

Not sure there is any space at the minute. Pretty close to capacity

finglashoop how hard is it to get on the timsheet on a Saturday in Elmgreen? I'm hearing it can be very difficult.

• Advertisement

fully booked but people always cancel night before Wednesdays and saturdays comps and i always get a time. if no time id just show up and nearly guaranteed of no shows.

its disgraceful no action is taken but their hungry c##ts so once you accept thats the case be grand.

cant comment on the sunday comp but seems less cancel for that one.

members can book a time 9 days in advance

Cancellations are ridiculous. Whole lines were empty on past Sunday despite not a spot to be got on Saturday morning

And some of it isnt Carrs fault

The committee is largely well meaning but incompetent

there is no consequence so its down to whoever polices the booking policy.

its a joke

I tried to introduce a penalty every time someone failed to turn up

A joker told me we couldnt do that due to GDPR...I asked him multiple times to explain to me why GDPR would stop you needing to have an account with funds to pay the possible penalty and he just kept mumbling GDPR

Waste of 6 months of my life dealing with incompetence encountered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I tried the exact same in corballis. Basically carr golf had no interest in administering it. So that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

corballis is like a ghost town at least during the week, the people who turn up rarely bother booking

Do they not have a purse where you have paid the comp fee and if you don't show you lose it? Happens in plenty of other golf courses. Odd.

There is an option where you could do it though on Chronogolf

Advertisement