Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentists in Dublin

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jellybean73

Would anyone suggest a good dentist in stillorgan, Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire, Sandyford area? A dentist practise with sensible prices and will take emergency appointments when you are in pain?

Currently with a dentist and you can only get an appointment weeks away and won’t assist if you’re in pain. The dentist is often on holidays and staff won’t refer the files to another dentist if you need emergency help. Don’t want to be in that situation ever again when in severe pain. So need a reliable and conscientious dentist!!!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Don’t burn your bridges with the Clinic you are attending, this has less to do with your Dentist being unreliable and more to do with Covid safety protocols restricting the numbers of patients which can be seen per day. This, along with backlog of patient treatments means longer waiting times for appointments and Dentists can no longer squeeze additional patients into the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jellybean73

Dav010 wrote: »
    Don’t burn your bridges with the Clinic you are attending, this has less to do with your Dentist being unreliable and more to do with Covid safety protocols restricting the numbers of patients which can be seen per day. This, along with backlog of patient treatments means longer waiting times for appointments and Dentists can no longer squeeze additional patients into the schedule.

Thank you for your reply. However, it had nothing to do with COVID protocols.

We were able to get alternative appointments with other dentists in the area and with a quicker response and turn around time along with a much more caring attitude towards an emergency situation. The dentists we contacted were surprised and annoyed with the current dentist’s timeline, solution and lack of care.

Pre-COVID there was an issue with the current clinic’s waiting times and lack of emergency care and a distinct lack of compassion. I’m not prepared to just stick with a clinic when someone in my family are in severe pain and there’s no solution offered by the clinic. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but we have had this issue on a number of occasions with this clinic and this was the last straw. So it’s time to ‘burn the bridges’ as you say.

I expect good care from a professional dentist. So the whole family will be moving to a different clinic. We’ve no problem waiting for routine dental work, but for emergency work we were given a date 6 - 8 weeks away which is completely unacceptable, with no referrals, no solutions and no pain relief.

Thankfully my son’s emergency situation was tackled by another very caring and professional dentist the following day. Antibiotics, pain killers and a resolution to the problem.

If he was with the current dentist he would still be waiting until the end of next month and be in severe pain.

So my post was about recommendations for a good professional dentist with a caring attitude which could tackle emergency situations and not a reply about COVID waiting times and patient back logs. I’m in the healthcare profession myself so I am well aware of and totally understand COVID protocols and delays and appreciate the pressure it adds.

Like in any profession, some dentists are exceptional, some are clearly not. This is one of those situations. It’s okay to change if you feel you are not getting the care you expect. Burn the bridges and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Everyone is happy then.

Advertisement