Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euros 2020/1

• 15-06-2021 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭

Good coverage on RTE2 of the Euros.

Impressed with Kevin Doyle so far..much improved from a slow start.

Good diction and analysis.

Not much evidence of poor grammar and tenses beloved by others on other channels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good coverage on RTE2 of the Euros.

Impressed with Kevin Doyle so far..much improved from a slow start.

Good diction and analysis.

Not much evidence of poor grammar and tenses beloved by others on other channels.

Two right planks punditing on the 2000 game.

More life in two wet dishcloths

Have to say Tony O’Donohue doing well.

Seems relaxed and happy

Who’s doing well

Tony
    Kevin
    Richie

Who’s not

Duff

Score draw

Dara
    Liam

If Duff says “Listen” again, I’ll hoy a longneck at tube.

Asshat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I remember the days RTEs coverage of euros/world cup was essential viewing...

Now its essential not to watch....

Muck

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Had to switch to ITV, Duff is insufferable

• Advertisement

Jaysus….Kenny Cunningham is doin my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Have not watched one second of RTE's coverage. BBC/ITV all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bring back John Giles, Eamon Dunphy and Liam Brady the best sports panel RTE ever had sadly missed, wonder where Liam went he was on for the first few matches .

Wouldn’t agree with that, we need to move on.

RTE do quite a good job, the current panel apart from Duff are quite good.

It’s co-commentators that do my head in sometimes.

Kenny C is a nice person, but pumping out stuff like reading a wall of text with no commas, full stops, in a monotone voice doesn’t do it for me.

Drove me bonkers to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

With the retirement of the old crew from the RTE panel, they have gone down the British route and decided to bring in "big names" as opposed to people who really know what they're talking about.

Didi and Liam Brady still doing the business but Damien Duff is just desperate. It's a shame because the RTE studio stuff used to be half the attraction of major finals on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Have not watched one second of RTE's coverage. BBC/ITV all the way for me.

England this, England that on every game that's nothing to do with England.

I think RTE do a good job and have a good mix of pundits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭MfMan

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Bring back John Giles, Eamon Dunphy and Liam Brady the best sports panel RTE ever had sadly missed, wonder where Liam went he was on for the first few matches .

They might have made for good viewing and entertainment, but Giles and Dunphy in particular were poor analysts, with little knowledge of football beyond their narrow sphere of the English scene. Dunphy was a parrot of Giles, with little original to say for himself. Small fish in a small pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have to say Tony O’Donohue doing well.

Seems relaxed and happy

Who’s doing well

Tony
    Kevin
    Richie

Who’s not

Duff

Score draw

Dara
    Liam

What about the women?

Duff is a try hard, is he attempting to be a bit of a milder Keano? He seems to get it wrong 99% of the time too with his predictions. I don't think much of any of them, they're just bearable at best - but since I watch most matches on the player I'm kinda stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Didi and Liam Brady still doing the business but Damien Duff is just desperate. It's a shame because the RTE studio stuff used to be half the attraction of major finals on TV.

Duff and the Aine girl the two biggest culprits flicking through notes printed off Wikipedia or something looks absolutely desperate.

Lisa Fallon has been a very good addition,Sadlier is usually good. Doyle brings a nice guy approach that doesn't generally focus on the negative but offers very little insight.

Advertisement