Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Day/Night cycling glasses.

• 29-06-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for Day/Night cycling glasses. My Oakleys that I bought in 1992 have seen better days. I just can't seem to find a pair for day and night riding and I don wish to switch lenses. I welcome all suggestions. Grtz JD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I find that night lenses work fine during the day (as I often forget to switch them).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

X Tiger glasses on Amazon. They come with different lenses and have clear ones which are great for later in the year. Cheap too and do what cycling glasses are for keeping bugs out of your eyes. Large field of view which I like

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Photochromic lenses could be an option. They are clear in low light, but get tinted when it's bright. Might not be the best option for very sunny day, but should cover most of the year in Ireland.
    I got my gf Oakley Jawbreaker Photochromic and she is very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I have Oakley Jawbreaker Photocromatic lenses and they sound like what you are looking for OP. As another poster mentioned, they aren't ideal in really sunny weather, but they are more than a good compromise if you don't want the hassle of having to change lenses or glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I find yellow lenses ok in the day light too. Not ideal in sun splitting the stones, but still better than non. I've fairly limited experience of photochromatic (pretty much Aliexpress ones which don't go that dark - no idea if that's the usual or not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I bought a pair of Siroko photochromic glasses and use them daily for commuting. They are comfortable, have vents for when you heat up and won’t break the bank. 100% recommend them

Advertisement