Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had to cancel vaccine appointment - what now?

• 06-06-2021 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

On Friday I got a last minute call from my GP to get a vaccine, I presume it was leftover after people didn't make their appointments.
    Now I'm after getting a text from the HSE with my appointment time in the local big vaccination centre.
    How do I cancel this? I can only find instructions on how to postpone an appointment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On Friday I got a last minute call from my GP to get a vaccine, I presume it was leftover after people didn't make their appointments.
    Now I'm after getting a text from the HSE with my appointment time in the local big vaccination centre.
    How do I cancel this? I can only find instructions on how to postpone an appointment

Did you check on the HSE portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Did you check on the HSE portal?

Yeah can't find anything so far. Only instructions on how to postpone an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

bren2002 wrote: »
    Call them?

I'm in bad coverage at the moment but I can ring later if there's no better option

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Call the vaccine hotline with PPS number handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Click postpone & you get the option to postpone or cancel. Click cancel. Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I had the same happen. I was due to get vaccinated a few weeks ago and the day before my doctor rang and said she would give me the jab but she wanted me to wait until at least three months from having COVID as I had longer term symptoms.

I called the helpline and cancelled the next day’s appointment without hassle. Took about 5 minutes.

Finally got my one and only jab at the doctors yesterday so all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I had similar situation albeit I registered re age but am in high risk cohort 7, a few days after registration with HSE, got the call from GP and also text from HSE for appointment. I just called the HSE to cancel, bit of a wait to get through but felt it important to cancel with them.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 comuirch

I registered last week and got a text today with my appointment for later this week. Unfortunately it clashes with my sisters wedding which is on around the same time, some distance away. I've asked to reschedule my appointment. Does anyone know what happens now? Will i be waiting a few extra days, or potentially a number of weeks before i get a new date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭Enzokk

comuirch wrote: »
    I registered last week and got a text today with my appointment for later this week. Unfortunately it clashes with my sisters wedding which is on around the same time, some distance away. I've asked to reschedule my appointment. Does anyone know what happens now? Will i be waiting a few extra days, or potentially a number of weeks before i get a new date?

Depends on many factors like vaccine availability and space for appointment at the vaccination centre. Could be a few days, could be a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 30 comuirch

Enzokk wrote: »
    Depends on many factors like vaccine availability and space for appointment at the vaccination centre. Could be a few days, could be a few weeks.

Got a text yesterday evening a few hours after i received and cancelled the original appointment, with a new appointment for a day earlier than the original. This is for the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

comuirch wrote: »
    Got a text yesterday evening a few hours after i received and cancelled the original appointment, with a new appointment for a day earlier than the original. This is for the Helix.

I had the same thing with Helix. Had to cancel a few appointments & each time I had a new appointment within 24 hours. Not all centers are like this though. Some can take weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Get both of them and you will be well protected..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

There is a good chance that my other half will get her appointment next week, while we are on holiday in Kerry. Sod's law but there you go. Is there a way to call them to explain the situation and have it pushed back?

Advertisement