Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

Age 37
    Registered 20th June
    Appt: 1st July (on portal)
    Helix
    Pfizer

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

LillySV wrote: »
    Going 40,registered the 6th June, Galway , got text a day ago for apt this Tuesday. Wife’s brother in Galway goin on 40, only registered last fri and has apt today … message I’m gettin is that you better off delaying registration as U get it quicker!
    My wife is 36, Galway, registered last fri and offered it this sat coming!

Having watched this for months, I've seen a fair bit of evidence suggesting this might be right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Chiorino wrote: »
    Registered Sunday 6th, age 40, Meath. Haven't heard anything yet other than there is a backlog and to not bother chasing it (for all the good that appears to do) for another 5 days.

Same situation as myself unfortunately only I'm a year older and in Longford

Having watched this for months, I've seen a fair bit of evidence suggesting this might be right.....

It doesn't mean you get the vaccine sooner, just that your wait is shorter because you registered later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wandering2021

Does anyone know when 29-34 year olds are meant to be able to register? Can't find anything online about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Got 2nd dose Pfizer on Saturday in Aviva, morning appt.

32 days after 1st jab.

Was quite busy down there, but I was only 15 - 20 mins or so from registering to getting jabbed. Very efficient, fair play to them, they must be bored senseless at this stage sticking needle in arms.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Age 37
    Registered 20th June
    Helix
    Pfizer

Delighted!

This is very quick, thought they were behind at the helix.

Good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

I am one of the luck ones offered a GP jab but don't live close at all now to said GP. I have also just gotten a text for my MVC appointment on the same day.... Waiting forever for a bus etc.

I have travel booked in early August and looks like I'll need to be fully (2 weeks) vaccinated to go which means I would need the MVC vaccine to be at most 31 days from my first app. The GP is booked in for both shots and the second one will be on time.

So... is it possible to get the first shot at the centre and if they are not coming through on time for the second dose, can I get it that GP? Just trying to save myself a drive if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Does anyone know when 29-34 year olds are meant to be able to register? Can't find anything online about it :(
    No, and there hasn't really been any hints about it. I'd say the earliest registration will open will be 5th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Appointment 2: 1st July (first appointment was 2nd June)
    Type: Moderna (as was the first)

.. Text just arrived now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Appointment 2: 30th June (first appointment was 30th May)
    Type: Pfizer

.. Text just arrived now

Had checked portal this morning and there was nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dingoxh

1st vaccine: 28 June 0900hrs Pfizer
    Received text: 27 June 1600hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭smallgarden

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Appointment 2: 1st July (first appointment was 2nd June)
    Type: Moderna (as was the first)

.. Text just arrived now :)

Is this Portlaoise? Haven't seen anyone getting vaccine apts in Portlaoise recently. Whole load cancelled at weekend so wondering if they're now a good bit behind everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Age 37
    Registered 20th June
    Helix
    Pfizer

Delighted!

Same date for me. Aged 38 and registered 20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is this Portlaoise? Haven't seen anyone getting vaccine apts in Portlaoise recently. Whole load cancelled at weekend so wondering if they're now a good bit behind everywhere else

Yup, it's the hotel in Portlaoise. Same place I got the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭theintern

seamus wrote: »
    No, and there hasn't really been any hints about it. I'd say the earliest registration will open will be 5th July.

This seems the most likely, next week. But based on the progress seen in the last while, plenty of places will be basically down through to 35 year olds then.

I'd expect it to open up next week and people in that bracket start to get appointments almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

Yeah a large portion of second vaccine dates cancelled for this week in Portlaoise.. I know a few people who had put holidays back because they were due to get second vaccine this week. Seems to be a big push on getting all the over 50,s the second jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

26, cohort 7, vaccination tomorrow, absolutely delighted, such a relief.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OH (38) got her appointment for Thursday 1st July at 11:30am at the Helix.

Trouble is she's on a site visit that day (ironically to a hospital), and can't make it (these visits are planned months in advance), we rang up and they said the best we can do is request a new appointment which could be any time in the next 3 weeks!!! We don't want to wait that long as we want to be vaccinated asap.

My appointment is tomorrow afternoon at the Helix.
    Would it be worth A. Her coming with me tomorrow in the hope of by then some no shows will mean an excess of vaccines, and they'd give her a 1st dose? (my mothers neighbours did this, He had an appointment, she (in a similar age bracket) didn't have an appointment, but they both went together and both got done). The Girl on the helpline said they could not advise this (though of course they can't advise it).

or B. her go on Thursday morning when the vaccination centre opens (does anyone know what time the 1st appointments are?), and get the shot before her day onsite.

or C. Call my local GP and explain the above and see if he can do it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

OH (38) got her appointment for Thursday at 1st July at 11:30am at the Helix.

Trouble is she's on a site visit that day (ironically to a hospital), and can't make it (these visits are planned months in advance), we rang up and they said is best we can do is request a new appointment which could be any time in the next 3 weeks!!! We don't want to wait that long as we want to be vaccinated asap.

Would it be worth A. Her coming with me tomorrow in the hope of by then some no shows will mean an excess of vaccines, and they'd give her a 1st dose? (my mothers neighbours did this, He had an appointment, she (in a similar age bracket) didn't have an appointment, but they both went together and both got done).

or B. her go on Thursday morning when the vaccination centre opens (does anyone know what time the 1st appointments are?), and get the shot before her day onsite.

From reading this thread, and talking to people in the outside world, I know that option A has definitely happened for people before, when they brought their partner down to the vaccination centre.

Option B has been discussed here too, I've seen more people saying it was possible to arrive early or at any point during the day than I have seen saying it's not possible. I've only seen one person saying they were told to come back later, in fact.

No clue on C! But they may have already allocated the week's vaccines at your GP.

35 here, eagerly awaiting my first dose text in South Dublin. May have a good while to wait though going by the anecdotal evidence here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

OH (38) got her appointment for Thursday 1st July at 11:30am at the Helix.

Trouble is she's on a site visit that day (ironically to a hospital), and can't make it (these visits are planned months in advance), we rang up and they said the best we can do is request a new appointment which could be any time in the next 3 weeks!!! We don't want to wait that long as we want to be vaccinated asap.

Would it be worth A. Her coming with me tomorrow in the hope of by then some no shows will mean an excess of vaccines, and they'd give her a 1st dose? (my mothers neighbours did this, He had an appointment, she (in a similar age bracket) didn't have an appointment, but they both went together and both got done). The Girl on the helpline said they could not advise this (though of course they can't advise it).

I would chance a first then b if that doesn't work. My dad drove my mum to her vaccine centre and mum happened to mention he was due his jab in another Centre later that day and they told him to come in and get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

First vaccine received, UCD today. Great set up! Joined the queue at 1:45 and just abt to finish my 15 min wait so 35 mins from start to finish!

• Subscribers Posts: 683 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Text Received: 24th June
    First Dose: 28th (this morning)
    MVC Drogheda
    Pfizer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Any updates on where Citywest is at? Over 3 weeks since I registered now, and still at Awaiting Appointment 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

Anyone know how long after escalation should I receive text?
    First dose(Pfizer) on 26th of May, called helpline today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adubintipp2

2nd dose

NOTIFICATION: Monday 28th June - on portal, not text yet.
    VACCINE DATE: Wednesday 30th June (29 days after dose 1)

NOTIFICATION: Friday 28th May
    VACCINE DATE: Tuesday 1st June
    VACCINE: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭in2dark

2nd dose

NOTIFICATION: Monday 28th June - on portal, not text yet.
    VACCINE DATE: Wednesday 30th June (29 days after dose 1)

Exactly the same for my OH
    First dose 1st june
    Update on portal just now for second dose on 30th
    No text yet
    Location citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Non-update update.
    Sat 26th June was 28 days after 1st vaccine.
    1972 North County Dublin Pfizer @ the Helix.
    Nothing on portal(awaiting 2nd appointment) or by text. Just rang helpline and was told no escalation available untll 28 days +5 days. Nothing can be done untill then. Nice enough person on other end of phone, could kind of tell she was fed up giving people bad news/no news.
    Back to waiting I guess.

Portal updated with 2nd vaccine date. Friday @helix 2nd July. That's 34 days after initial jab(29th May). Yay me.
    No text yet. Hopefully this means others waiting 2nd Pfizer dose from helix will start getting appointments soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Decided to contact my GP and see if they still were doing vaccinations, the good news is they are and the better news is that I am scheduled in to get one tomorrow. Delighted to be finally getting mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Portal updated with 2nd vaccine date. Friday @helix 2nd July. That's 34 days after initial jab(29th May). Yay me.
    No text yet. Hopefully this means others waiting 2nd Pfizer dose from helix will start getting appointments soon.

Exactly the same as you. Text just arrived.

I am in Lucan on Friday morning, so I will need to make sure that I am out of there by 11:15!

Advertisement