Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Am I right that if Ireland moves to Amber or green, then the only entry requirement for Spain is the online form? It seems the latest list of risk countries in the EU is starting to go down, we are on it as we are grey due to providing no data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

MargeS22 wrote: »
    Hi
    Saw on another forum that some schools and creches are requiring that kids do not go to school/creche for 14days after coming back from vacation. Is this true? Due to fly out on 21st August to 28th August. School will probably start on 30th August. We won't be able to go if this will be a requirement from schools. Anyone know if this is true.

This is interesting, it is the rule at present but would seem harsh given travel is allowed from 19th July. I imagine if you go to an EU country it will be lifted but no talk of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Skippette wrote: »
    Had this conversation just the other day....why would you go away, it's not safe, what about varients....

Well, people on the airplane are either vaccinated or tested, airline is supposed to be using hepa filters..... there's more chance of me getting it in (insert popular restaurant/bar that was packed last weekend) where we don't know if people are vaccinated or not and they haven't been tested. Sure there's more chance of me getting it there.

Plus 2 weeks abroad, sunshine, eating/drinking outside, beach/pool/sightseeing all outside..... Ireland....well, 4 seasons in one day and 4 times the price

Ha, thank you so much for this. Read this out to the person that said it to me and they did a complete 360. They completely agreed with your point. You have made up my mind for me - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

MargeS22 wrote: »
    Hi
    Saw on another forum that some schools and creches are requiring that kids do not go to school/creche for 14days after coming back from vacation. Is this true? Due to fly out on 21st August to 28th August. School will probably start on 30th August. We won't be able to go if this will be a requirement from schools. Anyone know if this is true.

It depends on the school or creche, best off just asking them. Theres no set rules (ours only ask for proof of a negative test, not that the travel was x days ago) - also in august the green cert applies which means inter EU with vaccination or negative test comes with no qustantine so youd hope schools (and some employers) will stop enforcing their own more punitive rules on people.

Absolute worst case your kids miss some school ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    It depends on the school or creche, best off just asking them. Theres no set rules (ours only ask for proof of a negative test, not that the travel was x days ago) - also in august the green cert applies which means inter EU with vaccination or negative test comes with no qustantine so youd hope schools (and some employers) will stop enforcing their own more punitive rules on people.

Absolute worst case your kids miss some school ;)

Also, we really have no idea what the rules will be in August. Schools don't either. Once again it's a case of wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 MargeS22

Thanks for replies. It is all very up in the air. My kids can't miss school in September as one will be doing her communion in September /October. No date yet. I'll have to wait and see what happens on 19th July

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Barna77

I've booked flights to Madrid in September with Iberia.
    Outbound flight is operated by Aer Lingus, which at the moment are not flying to Madrid.
    AL better not cancel my flight again like last year.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

The eu green cert comes in on 19/07, it's an EU wide, EU recognised QR code that you download. The poster above is talking about travel in August.

Also on other thread posters have reported their HSE vaccination card was accepted as proof of vaccination currently.

At the moment ireland still make vaccinated people quarantine but that doesnt mean you cant travel and quarantine will be gone for anyone using the green cert shortly = travel freely.

Myself and my wife and kids are going to Malaga on July 22nd.
    Will it be easy to just download the EU green cert and just show it in Cork airport and Malaga airport with my passport?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Barna77 wrote: »
    I've booked flights to Madrid in September with Iberia.
    Outbound flight is operated by Aer Lingus, which at the moment are not flying to Madrid.
    AL better not cancel my flight again like last year.... :mad:

At 7pm yesterday evening someone posted on the france ferry and campsite thread that al had cancelled all flights to nantes for the rest of the season . Its worth a look at the post there. They usually keep the busy routes open eg. Malaga.

Myself and my wife and kids are going to Malaga on July 22nd.
    Will it be easy to just download the EU green cert and just show it in Cork airport and Malaga airport with my passport?
    Thanks.

Its supposed to be available for download by 18th, will be emailed to the email address you gave at time of vaccine and you down load the QR.

That's the idea anyway. Possibility of teething problems, but you should be good for 22/07.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Am I right that if Ireland moves to Amber or green, then the only entry requirement for Spain is the online form? It seems the latest list of risk countries in the EU is starting to go down, we are on it as we are grey due to providing no data.

I will double check but i am pretty sure Spain has us listed as amber...
    I think amber and grey the same but not sure...
    To go to Spain today we need an Antigen test and PCR for return...

I presume if you fly into tenerife via the UK you'll need Ireland on your pax locater form at the Spanish health check?
    There are no tests needed for visitors from the UK right? So does that mean if you fly fro Belfast via London to Spain or Tenerife, you need no test going out?

If you come back on the 930 pm Ryanair flight from tenerife on the 18th to Dublin,it arrives in on the 19th at 110am
    If you have your hse vaccine card showing you double vaccinated will you be allowed board without a pcr?
    Will the DCC be ready? It's 1 hour into the 15th

Btw Tenerife requires an antigen test for RoI,I do know that

I presume if you fly into tenerife via the UK you'll need Ireland on your pax locater form at the Spanish health check?
    There are no tests needed for visitors from the UK right? So does that mean if you fly fro Belfast via London to Spain or Tenerife, you need no test going out?

If you come back on the 930 pm Ryanair flight from tenerife on the 18th to Dublin,it arrives in on the 19th at 110am
    If you have your hse vaccine card showing you double vaccinated will you be allowed board without a pcr?
    Will the DCC be ready? It's 1 hour into the 15th

Btw Tenerife requires an antigen test for RoI,I do know that

Please refer to my previous post on flying via UK.

There's time limits at play so belfast won't save you unless you lie.

Please refer to my previous post on flying via UK.

There's time limits at play so belfast won't save you unless you lie.

Well a 72hr window for delays with a pcr out surely ?
    What would you have to lie about? The fact you're not resident in the UK ?

Just remember niners post vaguely, can't find it
    I presume Niner you got to board in Dublin but the problem started in London?
    Were you airside or did you go landside to transfer?
    Where were you challenged,was it at the boarding gate?
    Going out from Belfast, I'm talking BA which brings you directly into T5 airline side
    Unlike the Dublin BA flights when transferring ,the Belfast pax coming from one UK Airport to another don't have to recharge security, its straight to the connecting flight gate you go
    I'm assuming BA are better at this than Ryanair
    The return on Ryanair is separate

The fact that you came from Ireland. It's ALL countries in last 14 days and transiting under 12 hours doesn't count. So depending on the benefits, you either deny the uk part or deny the Ireland part

As I said in the other thread. Next time I find myself in a similar situation, I will be flying direct with a pcr.

The fact that you came from Ireland. It's ALL countries in last 14 days and transiting under 12 hours doesn't count. So depending on the benefits, you either deny the uk part or deny the Ireland part

As I said in the other thread. Next time I find myself in a similar situation, I will be flying direct with a pcr.

Reading your posts about it,it's the fact you had to go landside and checking in to another flight on Ryanair that caused the problem or rather drew the attention of check in staff that didn't know the rules
    Flying one pnr on BA from Belfast, boarding would have to be refused there,not London if there was a problem stepping off that plane an internal flight,you disembark airside and simply walk down to the gate of the next flight

Reading your posts about it,it's the fact you had to go landside and checking in to another flight on Ryanair that caused the problem or rather drew the attention of check in staff that didn't know the rules
    Flying one pnr on BA from Belfast, boarding would have to be refused there,not London if there was a problem stepping off that plane an internal flight,you disembark airside and simply walk down to the gate of the next flight

You still need to board the plane which is where I was stopped.

However my point really is that you should declare IRELAND as your origin, not the UK so whatever restrictions apply flying from Dublin, will still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Its supposed to be available for download by 18th, will be emailed to the email address you gave at time of vaccine and you down load the QR.

That's the idea anyway. Possibility of teething problems, but you should be good for 22/07.

Gosh, I don't ever think I was asked for an email address when I went for my vaccine, either time and I know for fact that my parents weren't because they don't use email.

What happens people who were never asked for an email at the time of vaccination but want to avail of the DCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Morby wrote: »
    Gosh, I don't ever think I was asked for an email address when I went for my vaccine, either time and I know for fact that my parents weren't because they don't use email.

What happens people who were never asked for an email at the time of vaccination but want to avail of the DCC?

PPS number will link it in to your identity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

How will they do this. Apart from Motor Tax and maybe Revenue, I can't think of any other public body that I have knowingly given my email too.

There are no QR scanners at arrivals in Dublin Airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

How will they do this. Apart from Motor Tax and maybe Revenue, I can't think of any other public body that I have knowingly given my email too.

They do ask for your PPS number. Also when you get the flu vaccine they also ask for your PPS number.

i expect that when we get the travel passports the link will be our passport as that be the relevant travel document.
    That system is already in place for the PCR and other tests.

Niner,

You seem to know whats happening on this.
    Can you advise as what you mean about 12 hour as i have not being fallowing for last 12 days.
    I am travelling from Belfast and just like to know if there be any restrictions.

Regards and thanks...

Niner,

You seem to know whats happening on this.
    Can you advise as what you mean about 12 hour as i have not being fallowing for last 12 days.
    I am travelling from Belfast and just like to know if there be any restrictions.

Regards and thanks...

A friend flew from Belfast to tenerife via Heathrow yesterday on BA/iberia
    No Antigen asked for at Belfast
    No questions at heathrow either despite their Dublin address
    They didn't put Ireland on their Spanish health form
    If you do you will be asked for the antigen
    Just straight off one plane and 2 hrs later onto the other
    I'll be doing the same shortly, when are you going?

You still need to board the plane which is where I was stopped.

However my point really is that you should declare IRELAND as your origin, not the UK so whatever restrictions apply flying from Dublin, will still apply.

If you declare Ireland, you will need an Antigen
    Thats in the health form for Spain
    Not the worst situation in the world
    After the 19th a DCC showing you fully vaxxed will also do the trick
    For the crack,I'll have my HSE card and the antigen
    I'll at all times show the HSE card first and report back
    I am Fully vaxxed
    I will be reporting Ireland as my origin

There are no QR scanners at arrivals in Dublin Airport...

My understanding is it will be an app thats used to scan the QR code (called verified or verifia, something like that). Surely its not beyond our capability to get immigration officers armed with an app between now and the 19th? On a phone or tablet even?

Are you suggesting we won't accept the DCC due to a lack of QR scanners?!

My understanding is it will be an app thats used to scan the QR code (called verified or verifia, something like that). Surely its not beyond our capability to get immigration officers armed with an app between now and the 19th? On a phone or tablet even?

Are you suggesting we won't accept the DCC due to a lack of QR scanners?!

I am simply stating whats there, the scanners are the same as what is used for boarding pass whatever they are called.
    At the moment immigration has to check, passport, location form and PCR result.
    The PCR takes a bit of time as it need to be confirmed as PCR + that it is within the 72 hour time....

• Advertisement

A friend flew from Belfast to tenerife via Heathrow yesterday on BA/iberia
    No Antigen asked for at Belfast
    No questions at heathrow either despite their Dublin address
    They didn't put Ireland on their Spanish health form
    If you do you will be asked for the antigen
    Just straight off one plane and 2 hrs later onto the other
    I'll be doing the same shortly, when are you going?

As i said i thought something happened as 12 hours were mentioned.
    I thought i may have missed some info.

I will be fully vaccined so i expect to be ok as after 19th...

Advertisement