Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TdF 2021 - Stage 1 Brest -Landerneau(197.8km)

• 26-06-2021 9:25am

Quick thread on this , 5km to go for the women coming to a 3km climb all the big names ready to launch.

Barring a shocker I can see the mens race playing out the same later on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Can Niewiadoma get this, i thought she attacked way too early when her team mate was still at the front, strange tactics

Podium again for Ludwig, unlucky. She picked the right wheel to go with there in the sprint.

Seeing that now that climb could be hard enough if raced hard to cause some guys problems later on maybe?

Not a fan of the Total kit, might have worked better with blue bibs. The red and white are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A nice relaxed start to the race :pac:

I've said it before on here, but I can't understand why Victor Campenaerts doesn't wear sunglasses.

• Advertisement

I forgot mine one of the evenings earlier this week and wasn't 5 minutes up the road before I was stopped washing a fly out of my eye.

I've said it before on here, but I can't understand why Victor Campenaerts doesn't wear sunglasses.

His face is more aero without them apparently

red_ken wrote: »
    His face is more aero without them apparently

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Anyone else's GCN commentery in French?

De Bhál wrote: »
    Anyone else's GCN commentery in French?

I'm on Eurosport so maybe it's not the same, I have a little chat/speech icon in the top right beside the cast one. You can tap that and change it?

I have to do that if I go outside to the garden etc and come back into the house, the language for some reason changes to ambient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

I'm liking the Alpecin Fenix "Mercier" tribute kit. Just a shame that the white shoe and sock combo looks like abattoir wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm liking the Alpecin Fenix "Mercier" tribute kit. Just a shame that the white shoe and sock combo looks like abattoir wellies.

Wife thinks it’s horrific but I’m close to buying it though the €20 postage is holding me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The amount of pressure on MVDP to win this stage must be unreal but if anyone can do it, it's him

I just keep thinking that it looks like a vintage Wexford GAA jersey :pac:

Who's to say that wasn't Merciers original inspiration?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I thought the Mercier kit was for the presentation only, didn't realise they were wearing it for the race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Damm you beat me to it.

retalivity wrote: »
    I thought the Mercier kit was for the presentation only, didn't realise they were wearing it for the race

They received a dispensation to wear it today. Back to normal kit tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

This is the shoe dr’s instagram page from Derry who made Luka Mezgec’s shoes as mention by Carlton.
    https://www.instagram.com/theshoedr_/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQgol_chR7S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Advertisement

Carnage :eek:

That fkng idiot fan should be arrested. What an absolute clown.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

****ty looking crash there, that eejit with the sign should be off to the bastille :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Enfilade wrote: »
    Carnage :eek:

Went out to check on my ribs, what happened?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Brian? wrote: »

There will be a few pro cyclists checking out their ribs tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Brian? wrote: »

Absolute clown held out a large cardboard sign while not looking at the peloton coming up the road, knocked down about half the group.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Think there might be some Gaudu fans out there.

Fool with a sign stood out on the edge of the road, back to the action, gurning at the cameras. Hit Tony Martin and took 3/4 of the peloton down

Now I don't mean to sound like a traditionalist, but that blue tire Jumbo Visma have is absolutely horrible.

• Advertisement

Advertisement