Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro 2020 Bets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

5/6 is widely available already, don't think I'd be lumping on it regardless. Wales aren't far off them overall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

The Danes and Wales is a tricky one to place any bets with confidence on so I'm throwing my thoughts out there seeing if it can lead me to something.

The Danes actually to me feel quite underrated. Breaking it down and discounting the Finland game for obvious reasons the put Belgium to the sword for 45 mins and with better finishing could have been out of sight. Found their shooting boots against a pretty average Russia side but if they got a fair crack of the whip against Finland on day one they would be viewed differently I feel? They were the dominant side before the incident.. quality in the final 3rd would be the main issue in my eyes..

Wales have shown a bit of versatility in the sense they were happy to soak up pressure on day one against the swiss then showed alot more ambition against turkey and really should have won by a lot more than 2 but again turkey were hugely disappointing in the tournament. Relatively solid again against the Italians and did have a couple of chances. Pace on bale and James can cause big issues for anyone if they overcommit and we haven't seen much evidence of it but none of the danish backline strike me as being quick...

It probably sets up as a game the Welsh are happy to soak up pressure and hope to take their chances when they arrive.. do the Danes have the quality to break Wales down? Possibly not but they do have an advantage from set pieces Kieffer Moore is the only Welsh player that comes to mind who is strong in the air. Vestegaard and poulsen I would imagine are the biggest threats..

After all that I think if we get to 30 mins with no goals 1 goal probably wins it. Value in the back 3 of Denmark on the bookings market 4/1 5/1 and 13/2 with bale and James running at them. Might just end up playing a few scorecasts on bale and James 1-0 for Wales vestegaard and poulsen 1-0 to the Danes no value to be had in the under markets

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Draw/Denmark HT/FT @ 4/1 maybe..
    The Danes and Wales is a tricky one to place any bets with confidence on so I'm throwing my thoughts out there seeing if it can lead me to something.

The Danes actually to me feel quite underrated. Breaking it down and discounting the Finland game for obvious reasons the put Belgium to the sword for 45 mins and with better finishing could have been out of sight. Found their shooting boots against a pretty average Russia side but if they got a fair crack of the whip against Finland on day one they would be viewed differently I feel? They were the dominant side before the incident.. quality in the final 3rd would be the main issue in my eyes..

Wales have shown a bit of versatility in the sense they were happy to soak up pressure on day one against the swiss then showed alot more ambition against turkey and really should have won by a lot more than 2 but again turkey were hugely disappointing in the tournament. Relatively solid again against the Italians and did have a couple of chances. Pace on bale and James can cause big issues for anyone if they overcommit and we haven't seen much evidence of it but none of the danish backline strike me as being quick...

It probably sets up as a game the Welsh are happy to soak up pressure and hope to take their chances when they arrive.. do the Danes have the quality to break Wales down? Possibly not but they do have an advantage from set pieces Kieffer Moore is the only Welsh player that comes to mind who is strong in the air. Vestegaard and poulsen I would imagine are the biggest threats..

After all that I think if we get to 30 mins with no goals 1 goal probably wins it. Value in the back 3 of Denmark on the bookings market 4/1 5/1 and 13/2 with bale and James running at them. Might just end up playing a few scorecasts on bale and James 1-0 for Wales vestegaard and poulsen 1-0 to the Danes no value to be had in the under markets

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

culline wrote: »
    If Denmark can touch 1/1 (evens) against Wales, you have to think that is a good opportunity to double your stake

not nuts about the price on denmark but I can't see past them either

They looked pretty good v belgium and that should be enough

pp doing the bale poulson immobile 5 sot combined 7/2
    I don't think I can do another one of these with bale in it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I feel Wales at 4/1 is big personally. Ramseys movement & Bales vision to pick Ramsey out can't be underestimated. Obviously, Denmark are the favs but I wouldn't be surprised if Wales win at all.

I can't turn down the 3/1 on poulsen anytime with 365

There's plenty of 4s on fgs also so taking the 15/2 there also

double with immobile anytime (8s) and first 37/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

i think 11/2 on croatia to beat spain is a cracking price i cannot see why spain are such shorter price,ok i know croatia struggled in the group but spain also struggled and for me at 11/2 there worth 20 euros in 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Lamposts wrote: »
    I feel Wales at 4/1 is big personally. Ramseys movement & Bales vision to pick Ramsey out can't be underestimated. Obviously, Denmark are the favs but I wouldn't be surprised if Wales win at all.

Yep agreed. I won't be going wild but I'll definitely have a nibble on Wales @4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

SkyBet have Bale 1 SOT enhanced from 1/4 to Evens. Max Stake €11.63

• Advertisement

Bale 1 or more shots on target in each half @6s

I'm also taking Italy 2-0 @5s

Joseff Morrell card 7/2
    First card 12/1

I like Joe Allen as well at 4/1 but gonna watch the game before pulling the trigger on him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mailburner wrote: »
    I can't turn down the 3/1 on poulsen anytime with 365

double with immobile anytime (8s)

Like the look of these, do they will do for today.

Edit, only seeing Poulsen not playing, so not available to take,, cards at ht instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I was on this but Poulsen is injured so I guess it's void now?

VanZan wrote: »
    I was on this but Poulsen is injured so I guess it's invalid now?

Wouldn't be so sure.... The markets are priced up in advance, and it's not definite whether the players will start for 1st goalscorer, SOT etc, so bet will most likely stand...

Only guessing though as I don't really bet football.

Done Italy to win to nil Against Austria @ 6/5

If Denmark can touch 1/1 (evens) against Wales, you have to think that is a good opportunity to double your stake

They were 23/20 about 4 mins ago when I checked.. Won't be that price now :D

21/20 was enough to sway me!
    leffesem wrote: »
    They were 23/20 about 4 mins ago when I checked.. Won't be that price now :D

21/20 was enough to sway me!

Your patience paid off,, WD! Hope it clicks for ya :)

Thanks man! Looks unassailable
    leffesem wrote: »
    Your patience paid off,, WD! Hope it clicks for ya :)

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Like the look of these, do they will do for today.

Edit, only seeing Poulsen not playing, so not available to take,, cards at ht instead.

feck

didn't see it till it was too late so no bets for me

sorry I just didn't lump on the danes now

Lamposts wrote: »
    Joseff Morrell card 7/2
    First card 12/1

I like Joe Allen as well at 4/1 but gonna watch the game before pulling the trigger on him.

Rubbish. Can I has my money back bet365 pls? :rolleyes:

Credit Union on Immobile 2 or more shots on target @6/4

looks good

sot in each half for me also 9/2 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Anyone think Croatia at 11/2 is pure value on Monday v Spain.
    I'm thinking it's definitely worth 20 euro

Looking like I'll be off to the pawn shop Monday morn.

last thing I expected was a 0-0 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What an absolute shambles of a day! :(

Basq wrote: »
    What an absolute shambles of a day! :(

An absolute rotter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

oof

Advertisement