Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Mondeo ST or vignale?

• 22-06-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at a newer Mondeo ( scrapped idea of estate)
    I'm looking at 171+ and see the top range ones are ST LINE or vignale.
    Vignale seems to be a hybrid, but both look good.

Any ideas on the difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are both trim levels, ST Line being the sporty trim while Vignale is more a luxury trim. There was also a ST Line X which had more standard equipment than the standard ST Line but they are rare enough. The Vignale has more leather and chrome and there are certainly diesel versions of it sold but overall they sold in small numbers as they were ridiculously over priced when new. I'd avoid the hybrid, they were not great and if your driving style suits a hybrid then look at something else altogether imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hybrid mondeos just chucked the batteries into the boot, so if you're determined to get a hybrid, the erosion of boot space is worth considering.

Vignale version didn't sell well here because for the price they commanded, you could buy an audi, and at the time, the highest titanium spec (titanium x) had basically similar spec. You could get a Vignale for a more reasonable price now.

St-line usually just references a body kit so don't presume that if it is St badged, that it will have other high spec features like leather interior for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The hybrids are often saloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Try to go for a 172 if ST line X
    It had the sync3 bigger screen, also had a few other features that I can't recall right now.
    Why was nobody looking for one 2 years ago when I was selling mine :(

vectra wrote: »
    Try to go for a 172 if ST line X
    It had the sync3 bigger screen, also had a few other features that I can't recall right now.
    Why was nobody looking for one 2 years ago when I was selling mine :(

Agreed. If you're in anyway into your infotainment, give sync 2 wide berth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

What are 2017-2018 mondeos like, I'm looking for something with decent seats as I have a bad back, the titanium models seem to have electric seat adjustments which usually means more adjustable, I'd be looking at 2 litre diesel?

ml100 wrote: »
    What are 2017-2018 mondeos like, I'm looking for something with decent seats as I have a bad back, the titanium models seem to have electric seat adjustments which usually means more adjustable, I'd be looking at 2 litre diesel?

Yeah but the mondeo is closer to the ground.
    For a bad back I would be looking at a c-max or S-max.
    They're higher off the ground and have more of an :
    'upright' seating position.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Even the Zetecs have great seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

Yeah but the mondeo is closer to the ground.
    For a bad back I would be looking at a c-max or S-max.
    They're higher off the ground and have more of an :
    'upright' seating position.
    Yeah, I have an smax and they are good, don't need a car the size of a mondeo as a second car but hard to get decent seat adjustment on smaller cars and long distance commuting in an smax wouldn't be cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I suffer with back issues and can safely say the 2017 Mondeo st line was the most comfortable seats in a car I have had.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have an smax and they are good, don't need a car the size of a mondeo as a second car but hard to get decent seat adjustment on smaller cars and long distance commuting in an smax wouldn't be cheap!

No but the c-max is built on the focus chassis, and I think the b-max from the fiesta chassis, so both will have healthier seating positions with more economical engines.

Won't get either of them in St class mind!

Advertisement