Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike Computer

• 25-06-2021 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

My Garmin Edge 520 seems to have died on me this morning, after many years and KMs of use.

Any recommendations on a modern version, and more importantly where's the best place to buy to get a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

In the same boat except have a 810 and prob get the 830 , ( €350 on all tricks for the head unit only) my worry- is there a 840 etc in the pipeline for release ?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Yermander

I got the Edge 530 on Alltricks for €250 a few months back. Not been out on the road many times but has a tonne of features compared to previous Edge 200 which I had for a few years. Chose the garmin over a Wahoo Bolt based on DCrainmaker review last year, and the fact I have a garmin watch for multisport, so makes it easier to combine both in garmin connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭secman

My Garmin Edge 520 seems to have died on me this morning, after many years and KMs of use.

Any recommendations on a modern version, and more importantly where's the best place to buy to get a good deal?

Did you try to do a factory reset ? Thought mine died about 9 months ago , did Google search, found a few YouTube videos and followed instructions, it clears a lot of data but only on actual unit not off Garmin connect.
    Looking back its memory was full and the reset cleared it, working fine ever since. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

secman wrote: »
    Did you try to do a factory reset ? Thought mine died about 9 months ago , did Google search, found a few YouTube videos and followed instructions, it clears a lot of data but only on actual unit not off Garmin connect.
    Looking back its memory was full and the reset cleared it, working fine ever since. Worth a try.

I googled "my edge 520 has died" and I got instructions on how to restart it. To my surprise it restarted and worked fine on my commute home. I'll carry on with it for now. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Advertisement