Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 8 : Styrian GP

Options
  • 24-06-2021 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Coming thick and fast now .

image.png

SESSION
    FP1 Fri, 25 Jun 10:30
    FP2 Fri, 25 Jun 14:00

FP3 Sat, 26 Jun 11:00
    QU Sat, 26 Jun 14:00

Race Sun, 27 Jun 14:00

and just for the hell of it the weather forecast
    weather%20forcast%20Spielberg%20austria.png

Only upgrade detail I have found is Perez was using an older front wing that Max in France and he should be on the same spec this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What's the story with front wing tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Only under Review isn't it .didn't think they had a updated test yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So it's Styrian first, Austrian second?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The rain would be great. Even if it just washes the track before the race it would be a good addition. The rain in France , which washed the track, probably played a big part in the unexpected tyre wear in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Don't forget W Series also this weekend - Saturday Race live on E4 after the F1 Qualy.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058194823

W-Series race thread for anyone wanting to see the Women race and see how they do this year. I for one am looking forward to it and so is Charlie-Bravo above.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Don't forget W Series also this weekend - Saturday Race live on E4 after the F1 Qualy.

Correction More 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Weather is possible rain all weekend, but might not be long or during the race.

Kubica is getting a spin in the Alfa instead of Kimi in FP1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Kubica is getting a spin in the Alfa instead of Kimi in FP1
    ... and managed to spin at the first corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmak2442

Nice track for sure. I like the two high speed, high braking parts.

I'm going to watch a little Sunday if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Honda looking strong - what a shame they are pulling out at the end of the year.

Alonso / Apline going well again in FP1.

E4uMLg8XIAIM5yd?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Interesting session. Wonder if honda are going to reconsider leaving the sport if they win the two championships this year?.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Interesting session. Wonder if honda are going to reconsider leaving the sport if they win the two championships this year?.

They might regret pulling out, but i really doubt they can change their mind at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

They might regret pulling out, but i really doubt they can change their mind at this point.

Agree, decisions like this take time and won't be made overnight. At least this time they could go out on top unlike when they had a F1 team back in 2008, later inherited by Braun in 2009. Funnily enough it then became Mercedes.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was just thinking about Brawn, hence the question. I hope they at least win on the way out and the engine doesnt fall off in 2022 like "mecachrome" did after renault left after winning the WDC/CC in 1995-1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I read one option is that the Honda engine team basically becomes the Red Bull Powertrain team, and Red Bull have their own engines.

I read one option is that the Honda engine team basically becomes the Red Bull Powertrain team, and Red Bull have their own engines.

That's presumably a big part of it. Mpst of those Honda staff are out of a job and they already know how the engine works, where its weak, where it can improve. Honda might have offered some of them jobs in other areas and other F1 teams will surely be interested in some of the Honda people so I'm sure it wouldn't work out exactly like that. But I'm sure the bulk of the staff will be existing Honda people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Advertisement

I think they were expecting rain this session , lot of long run stuff at the start then Aston did one run of qual sims and everyone joined in then back to long runs.

Bottas spun it in the pits as well when pulling out .

Gasly didn't run at all , Honda spotted an issue with his Power unit spent the session investigating what it was

Other than that Redbull (Max) looks well clear

E4u8X45X0AkfMrB?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Bottas pit lane spin. Headed to stewards after the session.

https://streamable.com/jdmmot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

The Alpine branding is starting to make sense seeing their pace now that they've arrived at the Alps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If he put himself in the same place mid race, what would happen?

Would he chance a spin himself which would I'm assuming would then result in some sort of penalty

Imagine if he blocked Max doing this during the race, the scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

Will bottas pick up some sort of a penalty for that spin?

If he put himself in the same place mid race, what would happen?

Would he chance a spin himself which would I'm assuming would then result in some sort of penalty

Imagine if he blocked Max doing this during the race, the scenes

They're saying he was laying down rubber to use for the rest of the weekend. So It would be even less likely to happen in the race. Seemed to lose it on the painted tarmac. Wonder if it's just one of those 1 in a million events or if there's a reason for it.

Wonder if the new rules about tyre blankets ****ed Mercedes. Would be funny if yet another thing expected/designed (publicly at least) to hurt Red Bull ****ed the Mercs again.

Wonder if the new rules about tyre blankets ****ed Mercedes. Would be funny if yet another thing expected/designed (publicly at least) to hurt Red Bull ****ed the Mercs again.

What changed about tyre blankets?

Bottas got a 3 place grid penalty .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

3 place grid penalty for Bottas

Advertisement