Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Duleek?

• 18-01-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello everyone, 

We are currently renting in D15. I am working since many years in Drogheda but as my wife stopped working couple of months ago and rent went through the roof we want to buy somewhere in County Meath between Dublin and Drogheda. Our mortgage approval does not allow us to buy in Dublin and we are looking at a house in Duleek which we fell in love with. 

I have a very good feeling about the place, got positive opinions from my colleagues in Drogheda but the more opinions I get the better. What would be the downside of living in Duleek? 

I live in Ireland since 2001, always in Dublin, I am from France ( Deep countryside, so, to me Duleek is not that small!)  my wife is Polish but our kids were born here so they re Irish if you ask them smile.png?v=%20d4f4efbde3ca2018ed6c52d26abdb03a I just wonder how easy it would be to integrate in a local community. We had no problem meeting people where we live in Dublin, I am pretty convinced it would be the same in Duleek but I would like to hear from others...

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

I'm living in Duleek over 10 years now and it's a lovely little village. It has a lot in the village itself - shops, butchers, veg shop, chemists, hairdressers, takeaways etc. and then you're so close to Drogheda and Ashbourne isn't far either. With the M1 and N2/M2, Dublin is very close as well.
    I think it would be easy to integrate, especially with children as you'd be meeting other families. The local businesses are very friendly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

Hi
    Sorry for bringing up an old post. I've just bid on a house in Duleek and really eager to get some information about the town.

Could either of you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

what do you want to know, born and reared there, dont live there any more but my folks and bros and sisters still do, so im there a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

Sent a PM, hope you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Liszy

I'm curious about the same thing, is it a nice area still?
    Any info be great....
    Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Liszy wrote: »
    I'm curious about the same thing, is it a nice area still?
    Any info be great....
    Thank you :)

Like anywhere it has it's good and bad points. We are happy there, live in a lovely estate. Had rented in the village for a few years beforehand and were well aware of what we were signing up for when we decided to buy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarlaS

Are there any adult social clubs or things to do?

I'm living alone here and looking for things to do to get out of the house rather than heading back to were I grew up the whole time.

Advertisement