Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snake Eyes (G.I. Joe Spin-off)

• 14-10-2019 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭

Paramount are currently developing a new G.I. Joe film cantered on Snake Eyes

Directed by Robert Schwentke, Snake Eyes stars Henry Golding as the eponymous G.I. Joe character. He is joined by Andre Koji as Storm Shadow, Iko Uwais as Hard Master, Úrsula Corberó as Baroness and Samara Weaving as Scarlett. It is scheduled to be released October 16, 2020.

The film will reportedly follow Snake Eyes as he seeks revenge for his father's death, pitting him against his old enemy and blood brother Storm Shadow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a lot of fans arent going to like this, he is supposed to be a disfigured mute who wears a mask

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    a lot of fans arent going to like this, he is supposed to be a disfigured mute who wears a mask

Well this is his origin movie, so he will probably get disfigured near the end of the film and wear the mask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Well this is his origin movie, so he will probably get disfigured near the end of the film and wear the mask

Still s dumb idea. Part of the appeal is that SE is a silent masked warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

silverharp wrote: »

As someone who played with GI Joe figures when I was four... it's just GI Joe. I appreciate that unlike the summer's other kung fu movie, Shang-Chi, this movie appears to have attractive people in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ah Sahm (Andrew Koji) from Warrior.. looking very.. well.. Ah Sahm from Warrior :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still trying to make GI Joe a thing eh. Another reminder that Hollywood truly is IP driven these days.

That director's CV is a real exercise in mediocrity though. Doesn't give optimism that if nothing else the martial arts might be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

pixelburp wrote: »
    Still trying to make GI Joe a thing eh. Another reminder that Hollywood truly is IP driven these days.

That director's CV is a real exercise in mediocrity though. Doesn't give optimism that if nothing else the martial arts might be decent.

GI JOE, TMNT and Transformers are all Paramount has. And they're ALL coming back :D

As someone who played with GI Joe figures when I was four... it's just GI Joe. I appreciate that unlike the summer's other kung fu movie, Shang-Chi, this movie appears to have attractive people in it.

I had a GI Joe doll when I was young but only because I happened to be in the States one summer, basically their version of Action Man. It means nothing to me in terms of characters though. Im not sure ,would it have any traction outside the US?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, not a remake of the Nicolas Cage film? Oh well.

I'll probably watch this since saw the other 2.
    Don't remember much of the series, if I ever watched it.
    Did it even air over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I remember them as action movies... not really story movies. In my mind they are falling pretty close to the Transformers films but that might just be because they were released close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That trailer didn't make me want to go see it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I bet 10 quid that last shot, the one where we see Snake Eyes in costume, will be the very last 30 seconds of the film.

da bomb

"However, "Snake Eyes" has bombed at the box office, only pulling in $13 million domestically alongside a measly $4 million worldwide in the first three days of its release. But with a talented lead and an $88 million budget, it's even more disappointing that "Snake Eyes" has flopped at the box office. So why has it had such a poor debut? Here's why "Snake Eyes" might have flopped so badly at the box office."

Read More: https://www.looper.com/470162/the-real-reason-snake-eyes-bombed-at-the-box-office/?utm_campaign=clip

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was an awful hard watch not good at all and disappointing set pieces.

saw a comment somewhere that a sequel was denied

Well, you know what they say, Fourth Time's The Charm. Hasbro won't stop 'til we watch their GI Joe movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Saw it last night.....its actually alright, definitely not the disaster it's been made out to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement