Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Edition books - How to sell

• 25-06-2021 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have inherited a number (20-30) of first edition books (some technical and some fiction) from my great grandfather. I have no interest in any of them and am looking to sell them but I have no clue of their value of were to start looking for advice. The majority of the are from 1920-1940/50 and are all in excellent condition. Any advice on what I need to do or who i could contact regarding selling/auctioning them.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You could try checking prices on eBay.co.uk (auction items as opposed to BIN) and abebooks.co.uk - in the case of the latter the prices that dealers seek frequently bears no relationship to what the book may really be worth. Don't plan your retirement just yet.

Some titles/images would be helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭sceach16

Hi All,
    I have inherited a number (20-30) of first edition books (some technical and some fiction) from my great grandfather. I have no interest in any of them and am looking to sell them but I have no clue of their value of were to start looking for advice. The majority of the are from 1920-1940/50 and are all in excellent condition. Any advice on what I need to do or who i could contact regarding selling/auctioning them.
    Thanks in advance

Try https://www.bookfinder.com/?ref=bf_s3_hd_1.

The book business is v v quiet. This willl give you an idea what dealers are asking. They would offer a lot less!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Best site to use imo is abebooks. Its a platform for rare book dealers.

Condition really important when comparing your examples against the ones on offer on abebooks.

Have a look at the retail price and devide it by 4 or 5 to get open market value

Advertisement