Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vintage car welding Navan

• 31-05-2021 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anybody have experience with this company near Navan?
    I've been speaking to them about blasting and welding my classic. Just wondered if anyone has any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

johnml wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anybody have experience with this company near Navan?
    I've been speaking to them about blasting and welding my classic. Just wondered if anyone has any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Did you go with them? I was in contact with them about my classic today, waiting to hear back...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

Not yet.
    I've spoken to them and got quotes. They sound like they know what they're doing. I'm reluctant to go ahead with it without hearing first hand experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Not yet.
    I've spoken to them and got quotes. They sound like they know what they're doing. I'm reluctant to go ahead with it without hearing first hand experience!

From looking at their videos the quality of work doesn't seem great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

Neilw wrote: »
    From looking at their videos the quality of work doesn't seem great.

They’ve loads and loads of Facebook videos and seem to be improving their facilities and quality of work . However they are just welding in sheet metal and wouldn’t be into replicating strengthening lines and stamping, but horses for courses depending on how precious the vehicle is. So they’d be grand for extending the life of a workhorse, which seems to be their bread and butter.

Can anybody recommend someone that would do welding on a classic?
    Most bodyshop / crash repair type places don't want to know!

I'm Westmeath area so ideally within an hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Bigus wrote: »
    They’ve loads and loads of Facebook videos and seem to be improving their facilities and quality of work . However they are just welding in sheet metal and wouldn’t be into replicating strengthening lines and stamping, but horses for courses depending on how precious the vehicle is. So they’d be grand for extending the life of a workhorse, which seems to be their bread and butter.

Got prices back today and their way over my budget... wanted double plus more than another quote I got 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I never heard of them but looked at the website some utter bollox jumps out. According to them "almost every" 10-15 year old car needs welding. The solution to this is you pay them for a rust treatment (which includes abrasive blasting :eek:) on your car when it is New/1-3 years old and seemingly every 5-10 years after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

massy086 wrote: »

That guy used them and had an awful experience with them.a read and make up your own mind

Got prices back today and their way over my budget... wanted double plus more than another quote I got ��

Can I ask where you got the other quote?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Can anybody recommend someone that would do welding on a classic?
    Most bodyshop / crash repair type places don't want to know!

I'm Westmeath area so ideally within an hour or so.

What part of westmeath. I know an excellent chap who can do this for you, and has done many classics.

kadman wrote: »
    What part of westmeath. I know an excellent chap who can do this for you, and has done many classics.

About 10 minutes from you Kadman!! We've spoken before! :)
    I'd be delighted if someone local would do it...

About 10 minutes from you Kadman!! We've spoken before! :)
    I'd be delighted if someone local would do it...

He is my next door neighbour, and its his professional business. He is also a classic yank tank enthusiast.Give him a bell.:)

K

He is my next door neighbour, and its his professional business. He is also a classic yank tank enthusiast.Give him a bell.:)

K

I assume you're referring to Jarlath Ennis?

Yes..

I know people who have used him for classic repairs, and see his work passing my house very frequently.

Class work.

Yes..

I know people who have used him for classic repairs, and see his work passing my house very frequently.

Class work.

Thanks a mill. I'll give him a shout.

Thanks a mill. I'll give him a shout.

Tell him Tim recommended him;)

Tell him Tim recommended him;)

Will do!

Advertisement