Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slurry Agitator Question

• 24-06-2021 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Quick Question, have a new agitator, it has a 1000RPM gearbox on it.

Can I still agitate with the tractor pto's set to 540RPM?
    OR
    Should I use the 1000RPM PTO Speed option but at a lot less rev's?

(Apologies but its the first implement on the farm that has a 1000RPM box on it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭epfff

What model of tractor do you have that will do 1000rpm in 540box?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

New Holland 8340 has the option of running PTO in either 540RPM or 1000RPM mode....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭White Clover

New Holland 8340 has the option of running PTO in either 540RPM or 1000RPM mode....

Select the 1000rpm mode and run it up to 1000 pto rpm on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭epfff

If you in 540 gear max rate would only be 560rpm or so which would mean you would be running machine at little more than half capacity.
    So as previously said put into 1000 box and let it mix

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Quick Question, have a new agitator, it has a 1000RPM gearbox on it.

Can I still agitate with the tractor pto's set to 540RPM?
    OR
    Should I use the 1000RPM PTO Speed option but at a lot less rev's?

(Apologies but its the first implement on the farm that has a 1000RPM box on it)

Must be one of the most powerful agitators like the redrock mega or Conor 7000 ?

• Advertisement

westlander wrote: »
    Must be one of the most powerful agitators like the redrock mega or Conor 7000 ?

Newrock Super

Newrock Super

I’m nearly sure the super is a 540 pto and it’s only the mega that has the 1000 rpm gearbox ( I’m going by the major agitators which are a direct copy of newrock)

I’m nearly sure the super is a 540 pto and it’s only the mega that has the 1000 rpm gearbox ( I’m going by the major agitators which are a direct copy of newrock)
    That's was my understanding also, it was only when I got it home and was taking it off the trailer I noticed the 1000RPM sticker just beneath the gearbox......

That's was my understanding also, it was only when I got it home and was taking it off the trailer I noticed the 1000RPM sticker just beneath the gearbox......

I see. That’s an unusual one now. Never knew they sold them like that. Maybe they gave you a mega flow you’ll blow the slurry up the back wall :)

I see. That’s an unusual one now. Never knew they sold them like that. Maybe they gave you a mega flow you’ll blow the slurry up the back wall :)

I'll look at it again in the morning and see if I can determine if it's a super or mega....has to be someway of identifying the difference without looking at stickers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

What sort of money is an agitator like that that would suit a farmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Cavanjack wrote: »
    What sort of money is an agitator like that that would suit a farmer?

Need a good strong agitator here, on the shopping list for the autumn
    What sort hp would that size agitator need

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

Need a good strong agitator here, on the shopping list for the autumn
    What sort hp would that size agitator need

I have driven a NC super 3800 off of a TL90. It may be less than you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

I'll look at it again in the morning and see if I can determine if it's a super or mega....has to be someway of identifying the difference without looking at stickers...

You'd want to be sure it is actually a 1000rpm gearbox before you try running it at 1000rpm. Maybe contact the dealer, or even Newrock to confirm. The simplest and safest way to check it would be to run it at 540rpm first.

Grueller wrote: »
    I have driven a NC super 3800 off of a TL90. It may be less than you would think.

Contractor tells me it's HP that mixes a tank not the agitator 🀷*♂️

My own tractor can't get past 800 rpm in the 1000 box on current agitator

Contractor tells me it's HP that mixes a tank not the agitator 🀷*♂️

My own tractor can't get past 800 rpm in the 1000 box on current agitator

What agitator have you got ?

800 rpm what’s that the equivalent to in an analogue dash ?

What agitator have you got ?

800 rpm what’s that the equivalent to in an analogue dash ?

16/1700 revs?

Oh she's fairly old agitator, dad bought it 2nd hand 20 year ago
    Was a sow to mix when got it first
    Struggles to mix 100x20 tank atm
    Currently building a 140x 18ft tank

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭leoch

Lads I'm thinking about buying a new or second hand mixer 3 Bay 8ft deep tank one mixing point 95hp mf wat would u recommend I know very little about them are they in the tams grant or how much is a new one

leoch wrote: »
    Lads I'm thinking about buying a new or second hand mixer 3 Bay 8ft deep tank one mixing point 95hp mf wat would u recommend I know very little about them are they in the tams grant or how much is a new one

Newrock standard pump is designed to work off 85hp, super pump requires 100hp so it's prob a bit strong for ur tractor. I'd imagine the HP requirements are like for like more or less across different brands....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭9935452

16/1700 revs?

Oh she's fairly old agitator, dad bought it 2nd hand 20 year ago
    Was a sow to mix when got it first
    Struggles to mix 100x20 tank atm
    Currently building a 140x 18ft tank

Mixing the 100x 20 tank from one side only or from both sides?

• Advertisement

9935452 wrote: »
    Mixing the 100x 20 tank from one side only or from both sides?

Both sides
    Wall down the middle, all the slurry comes in from one side and the water ends up moving around to the other side of wall
    Makes one side v stiff and hard circulate
    We hire an agitator if can't get it moving with our own abd run 2 together for a few hours

Advertisement