Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Powerscourt West or The Heritage

• 24-06-2021 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Have the option of playing both on Saturday morning (similar price). Haven't played either before.
    Just wondering what those who've played both relatively recently would recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Haven't played them very recently. From my last experience of both, Powerscourt would have been in much better condition.

The bulk of the traffic that was going through Heritage was society, so upkeep wasnt great and the bunkering is enormous so dont think they can realistically maintain them all that well. Still a great course and test though.

I quite like Powerscourt. The setting is great, and there are some great views of the old estate house from the higher points of the course. It is a tough test of a course on the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

I played The Heritage 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was in very good condition.

They have filled in a lot of bunkers and they are now grassy areas

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Neewollah

Never played Powerscourt

Played Heritage a couple of times and I really like it. Great test and a tough challenge. Always in good nick in most areas but as an earlier poster said the bunkers are so big and plentiful they can be iffy particularly in wet weather.

We're not supposed to be in the bunkers anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Neewollah wrote: »
    We're not supposed to be in the bunkers anyway :)
    I hear this a lot about bunkers, but if we're not supposed to be in them, it's some waste of money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Would be the Heritage for me, played it last Monday and it’s in fantastic condition

Powerscourt West is a fine course too, been a couple of years since I last played it it I prefer the East course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

Thanks lads. Sounds like not much between them. Going with the Heritage, weather looking a bit better than Powerscourt, plus a free breakfast bap thrown in aswell :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

Powerscourt for me, by some distance too, especially the West (that's the newer one, right, with the first hole dog leg up the hill and then the long par 3 back down ?).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Powerscourt the better course, Heritage a long course, courses should not be designed to gain difficulty from length IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Russman wrote: »
    Powerscourt for me, by some distance too, especially the West (that's the newer one, right, with the first hole dog leg up the hill and then the long par 3 back down ?).

Yes West is the newer one, it’s a fine course if I had a choice between the two in Powerscourt I would pick the East

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Prefer powerscourt east over west too, bit tighter and not as much about the length of tee shot as much as direction. Both better than the heritage in summer I’d say, but it’s nice enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

Absolutely loved The Heritage today. Superb layout, tough but very fair. In great condition aswell, bunkers were excellent and greens fast and flawless! 50 quid including a savage breakfast bap was great value. Four new fans here anyway, we'll be back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dero123 wrote: »
    Yes West is the newer one, it’s a fine course if I had a choice between the two in Powerscourt I would pick the East

i would pick the west

Advertisement