Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone eaten in Zappis Italian restaurant?

• 14-06-2021 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've never noticed Zappis before, gets 2nd best Galway restaurant on Tripadvisor.

I like Milanos & Napolis pizza & Basilico in Oranmore.

Anyone eaten in Zappis & if so how was it?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

Yeah ate there once, got the pasta rather than pizza. It was really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭testtech05

Been a couple of times, agreed it was very tasty both the pizza and the pasta options we tried, this was pre covid though, haven't been since

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daniel_h

Was there once for a quick pizza and beer. Was decent enough actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Haven’t eaten there, but if I remember rightly they gave a free dessert if you left a trip advisor review - which is prob why they have a high rating .

But food looks decent enough …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Lovely pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Ate there a few times pre-covid, it was amazing I gotta say. Really tasty but also the service was the suprising part. It felt like we were getting really great fine dining service for the price? Like the main courses were 10 or 11 euro, but the waiting staff would still frequent your table and top up your water for you. Small things like that made it a really nice experience while not being overbearing and again, it was inexpensive.

It's definitely a +1 for me anyway, good place for a date also!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Been a few times. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Ate in Zappis a few times pre-Covid for lunch. Loved it. It's more a casual atmosphere with great service and great quality food.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,667 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

furiousox wrote: »
    thinking of doing Fat Freddys for old times sake

FF is still closed and has had some major renovations inside. Not clear yet what the plans for it are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

FF is still closed and has had some major renovations inside. Not clear yet what the plans for it are.

If you're looking for Pizzas in Fat Freddy's there are other arguably better options now.

Try Dough Bros, Wooza (I think that's still around!) or if you're out Barna direction Pizza Dozzina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 NebraTZ

yeah! was excellent pre-covid, must go back soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

?Cee?view wrote: »
    If you're looking for Pizzas in Fat Freddy's there are other arguably better options now.

Try Dough Bros, Wooza (I think that's still around!) or if you're out Barna direction Pizza Dozzina.

I tried FF twice and never took to it. Dough Bros tried once and thought it was grand. Will give Zappis a go. Heard good things about Venice as well; it's one of those places I've passed a million times but never thought of trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,667 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Woozza and Simone in Francis St are both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Zappis is fantastic, look forward to dining there again in future.

Advertisement