Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Can be Done About DPD and Fastways Dumping Parcels on the Street?

Options
  • 16-06-2021 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

The company I work for receives many courier deliveries every week and sometimes there are issues with deliveries going to the wrong address or drivers not ringing a door bell instead carelessly dumping packages on the footpath. This is a problem in Dublin City where package's lying around can easily be stolen. All this despite there being a receptionist at the office front door.

When courier problems happen the receptionists in our office sarcastically say 'which courier is it DPD or Fastways?'

We are on good terms with people in nearby office buildings as they have had our package dumped on the footpath outside their door.

We never have problems with UPS or FedEx. We would never use DPD or Fastways as a courier as we know how shoddy they are when when we receive packages from them.

How much responsibility is placed on the drivers to ensure the packages have been delivered to the correct address? Maybe driver training is inadequate. Standards, however, by our experience are sufficiently low that drivers are obviously not held to account for poor service.

Has anybody been successful in back charging DPD or Fastways for working hours lost attempting to locate their lost deliveries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

For DPD write to the local depot - check the parcel and it will have a depot number in bold (with digits on black square)

depot email is depotxx@dpd.ie xx being the depot number (include the zero if there is one eg 08)

Depot manager should then inform the driver to ensure parcels are dropped to reception and not left outside

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Darc19 wrote: »
    For DPD write to the local depot - check the parcel and it will have a depot number in bold (with digits on black square)

depot email is depotxx@dpd.ie xx being the depot number (include the zero if there is one eg 08)

Depot manager should then inform the driver to ensure parcels are dropped to reception and not left outside

I went through the online chat option and they contacted the driver.

I also emailed the shop that I made the purchase from. They refunded the me the delivery charge. I hope the shop can back charge DPD for the price of the delivery as I would not like to see the shop out of pocket for DPD's error.

The shop told me that a signature is required for their deliveries. The driver dropped the package on the footpath and did not get a signature.

Advertisement