Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin s62 golf watch

• 06-06-2021 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi has anyone had trouble with the wind direction app.i can't seem to set it up everything else works great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

If you want wind measurements you have to have garmin golf app running on your phone as watch connects to it get information.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Would assume that's still an illegal feature in a gps for competitive golf?

Unless things have changed, you csnt use a feature that gives wind speed/direction or adjusts for slope/elevation

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Unless things have changed, you csnt use a feature that gives wind speed/direction or adjusts for slope/elevation

Yes I think you are right. Can't use it in competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭willabur

I assume this includes casual golf rounds going towards handicap also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

willabur wrote: »
    I assume this includes casual golf rounds going towards handicap also

Would have to be the case, yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

That's correct, the app asks you before playing a round if you want to use tournament mode or not. if you choose not to it switches on the caddy. wind direction and direction the green is in. I think it also switches on adjusted yardages accounting for the slope.

Never had an issue with the wind direction, but I've only used it a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clare09

no i don't have any trouble until now, have used it for half year .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

With the Garmin golf app is there a way to see your scoring average for par 3s, par 4s and parts?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    With the Garmin golf app is there a way to see your scoring average for par 3s, par 4s and parts?

I haven't been able to find it if there is. The stats from the app aren't great, considering the amount of information it is recording or is capable of recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Iv never logged in from the desktop, wonder is there more info available through that

Yeh the app really is the only downside. It would be perfect if the stats could feed into mark broadies golf metrics or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭coillcam

Anyone using the S40/S42?

Thinking of picking one up and don't see any huge advantage in the S62 for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

DuckSlice wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find it if there is. The stats from the app aren't great, considering the amount of information it is recording or is capable of recording.

Love seeing the historical shots for each hole, really gives a picture of where you might be going wrong.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Love seeing the historical shots for each hole, really gives a picture of where you might be going wrong.

I really enjoy having a cup of tea or coffee after the round and reviewing the round through the app and think of what a great score i could have had if i wasnt so stupid :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Marinad009

i like this too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thinking of upgrading from the s60 to s62 mainly for the heart rate feature which I'd like to use for other sports like cycling and running. Does it record heart rate while golfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭PaoloGotti

Thinking of upgrading from the s60 to s62 mainly for the heart rate feature which I'd like to use for other sports like cycling and running. Does it record heart rate while golfing?

Yes. Shows as your avg and max HR for the round and also a graph over the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Garmin's heart rates are brutal. Get a whoop

Especially seeing as you have the S60

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Garmin's heart rates are brutal. Get a whoop

Especially seeing as you have the S60

My resting heart rate matches up what I got on a recent ECG so they are accurate for resting, for activity its pretty much the same as what my Fitbit used to give me. (S62)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Its not around resting it has issues. It is when you are exercising

It appears to be accurate for running but miles off like 20-30 bpm for cycling, 10-15 bpm for golf. Always use band for cycling

When I reported they told me you need to wear band to be accurate and that you need warm up for 10 mins to get towards accuracy for exercising

Obviously this is useless for golf as you will be at resting for periods

I have Fenix V

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Its not around resting it has issues. It is when you are exercising

It appears to be accurate for running but miles off like 20-30 bpm for cycling, 10-15 bpm for golf. Always use band for cycling

When I reported they told me you need to wear band to be accurate and that you need warm up for 10 mins to get towards accuracy for exercising

Obviously this is useless for golf as you will be at resting for periods

I have Fenix V

I did consider the band for exercising but wouldn't use it for golf. I only really look at the steps and golf stats for the golf. I think it way overestimates calories burned too for golf. It comes in at 1200 for me sometimes. i know the calories shouldnt be trusted anyway but that seems very OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DuckSlice wrote: »
    I did consider the band for exercising but wouldn't use it for golf. I only really look at the steps and golf stats for the golf. I think it way overestimates calories burned too for golf. It comes in at 1200 for me sometimes. i know the calories shouldnt be trusted anyway but that seems very OTT.

You have to ensure you set up your weight, height, age and gender in Garmin to get accurate calories burned figures. Even then though I wouldn't trust it too much, just take it as a guideline. For 10km golf round Garmin usually says I burn about 650 calories which seems about right.

You have to ensure you set up your weight, height, age and gender in Garmin to get accurate calories burned figures. Even then though I wouldn't trust it too much, just take it as a guideline. For 10km golf round Garmin usually says I burn about 650 calories which seems about right.

I think i might be reading it as in 1200 calories total, so its including what i would burn if i was resting. so in reality its probably 6-800 calories.

Advertisement