Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game recommendation?

• 23-06-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I just finished playing Days Gone and before that RDR2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Absolutely love all three games and spent plenty of time playing them. Loved the idea of having to refill the gas in the bike in Days Gone when its almost empty.
    Can anyone recommend any similar types of games to the above that are open world and you can just spend loads of time playing and randomly going around discovering things

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tranquilo wrote: »
    going around discovering things

It's not the same sort of AAA game as the ones you mentioned, but I'd seriously recommend giving Outer Wilds (not the same as Outer Worlds!) a try. No other game has so brilliantly captured the sense of exploring a mysterious, open world (in this case galaxy) and discovering everything about it on your own terms.

tranquilo wrote: »
    I just finished playing Days Gone and before that RDR2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Absolutely love all three games and spent plenty of time playing them. Loved the idea of having to refill the gas in the bike in Days Gone when its almost empty.
    Can anyone recommend any similar types of games to the above that are open world and you can just spend loads of time playing and randomly going around discovering things

I definitely recommend God Of War or Horizon Zero Dawn. Spiderman is also excellent. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dying light would be my pick, fps parkour with melee combat using crafted weapons against zombies.
    The complete edition can be got for very cheap now, and includes 'the following' dlc where you have a dune buggy that needs to be upgraded / refuelled.

Highly Recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Witcher 3 is generally considered one of the best open world, go explore, something to find everywhere kind of games.

Can also recommend God of War (though not as open-world as the others) and Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloodborne is a nice easy jaunty game with feel good aesthetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭tranquilo

Thanks for all the replies. I forgot to mention God of War in my OP, I played that when it was released in 2018 and agree it is one of the best games I've ever played. I think I'm gonna try The Witcher 3. I also prefer 3rd person games which I know aren't many peoples favourite, but I had a look at the game play on youtube and it seems like something I'd like. I meant to play it years ago but never did. Also I saw the Netflix show and enjoyed that so yeah I think I'll finally try it. Actually don't know why I even made this thread ha it's very obvious that I should have remembered The Witcher 3. Thanks anyway for all your suggestions

I'm going to suggest Death Stranding a game I thought I'd hate, but who could have predicted my addiction to making roads and ziplines and actually being ok with the frankly bonkers story. It's visually stunning too which I usually wouldn't factor into my enjoyment of a game but here it really did add to it.

Read up on it before hand though, I know I said I didn't think I'd like it but being honest it did have certain things I knew would tick some boxes for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Metro Exodus

Advertisement