Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rucksack with

• 23-06-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So my old rucksack (Hi Gear Active 28) is on it's way out- virtually all the zips are broken, side mesh pockets are worn & loose. . The company don't do this rucksack anymore. What I love about it is the support system which means the back of the actual rucksack sits on your back and makes you sweat....

Rucksacks like this seem hard to find these days. Any recommendations- looking for between 15 and 30L, 2 sections (at least), doesn't have to be waterproof. I won't be using it regularly so ideally an inexpensive one would be preferred.

rucksack2.jpg

rucksack1.jpg

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dinneenp wrote: »
    ... What I love about it is the support system which means the back of the actual rucksack sits on your back and makes you sweat.....
    What's to love about that? Or did you mean the opposite?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Haha, I must have misread cos the one I recommended doesn't sit direct on your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What can I say, I love pain and sweat....no, you're right I meant to say "that doesn't.."

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wheelo01

The recent Aldi or LIDL ones had a frame with a mesh similar to that to keep the bag off your back, you might find one in your local Aldi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

wheelo01 wrote: »
    The recent Aldi or LIDL ones had a frame with a mesh similar to that to keep the bag off your back, you might find one in your local Aldi

I bought one and they are a great bag. Wire bar in the back to keep the rusack up off your back. Dirt cheap too.

byrnem31 wrote: »
    I bought one and they are a great bag. Wire bar in the back to keep the rusack up off your back. Dirt cheap too.

Hi. How long ago did they have them in? Sound decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wheelo01

It may have been 4 weeks, at a guess, but cant remember is the specific answer

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi. How long ago did they have them in? Sound decent.

Yeah few weeks back. I'd say they'll have them again soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Raam wrote: »

I use a Deuter one too when I am using one

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    I use a Deuter one too when I am using one

Cheers. A very similar model here for €60. If there's no sign of the Aldi one in the next month of so I'll get this at some stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Also use a Deuter, find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I use this, picked it up on sale a few years back for £55 and find it great. Separate internal compartments if you want for dirty clothes and clean, helmet attachment and also can take a hydration pack if you are so inclined.

https://www.ospreyeurope.com/shop/ie_en/escapist-32

Good reviews here https://road.cc/content/review/170543-osprey-escapist-32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

What size backpack would you need if you were cycling out to say, a club league race and just wanted to store some bits like gilet, arm warmers, snacks, etc...

Advertisement