Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The artist list is really interesting,has Lars fingerprints all over it....just surprised he hasnt got Noel Gallagher on it!

Lars needs Noel’s friendship more than Noel needs Lars’s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pity they didnt pick one of the really good albums!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Lars needs Noel’s friendship more than Noel needs Lars’s

Sad but True.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
        Pity they didnt pick one of the really good albums!

Very interesting concept, looking forward to hearing it. Some great bands/artists part of the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

252euro for the box set

177 for the vinyl covers set, ridiculous price for 8 versions of each song :pac:

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd have zero interest, just wouldn't be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Get ready to have Dermot Kennedy's cover of Nothing Else Matters played over and over by Irish radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Will the remaster just be the original album but louder, like AJFA?

scudzilla wrote: »
        252euro for the box set

177 for the vinyl covers set, ridiculous price for 8 versions of each song :pac:

Id assume it will be added to Spotify and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Lithium93_ wrote: »
        Get ready to have Dermot Kennedy's cover of Nothing Else Matters played over and over by Irish radio.

Couldn't agree more. As if we haven't suffered enough with all those Cranberries covers.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I threw up .....

Jesus H Christ .....................................................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

greenspurs wrote: »
        I threw up .....

Jesus H Christ .....................................................

Yeah,it is really puke inducing getting all these artists to contribute for a charity album :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yeah,it is really puke inducing getting all these artists to contribute for a charity album :rolleyes:

So youd pay €252 for that muck? :rolleyes:

Just because its for charity , doesnt mean it is any good .......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

the covers album is not for us....now lets move on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

You never mentioned buying anything,maybe articulate your point next time (thumbs up)

If you dont buy it children wil die

A lot of filler with those extra demo ideas tacked on. The live ones look good though.
        I was never a big fan of the black album, but for nostalgia's sake, might go for this.
        I really enjoyed the first woodstock gig from 94. Any good sources of where I could buy this? I know it was never an official release but there are several versions for sale, just not sure all are legit, or John in his room sticking one together.
        What would you say are the best live Metallica albums? The Binge and Purge box set?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Granadino wrote: »
        A lot of filler with those extra demo ideas tacked on. The live ones look good though.
        I was never a big fan of the black album, but for nostalgia's sake, might go for this.
        I really enjoyed the first woodstock gig from 94. Any good sources of where I could buy this? I know it was never an official release but there are several versions for sale, just not sure all are legit, or John in his room sticking one together.
        What would you say are the best live Metallica albums? The Binge and Purge box set?

94 was actually broadcast live on 2fm at the time, i had it on repeat for years, but heres some youtube copies, you can lift it from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr6YEsdIBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eSMkVmx_4

Yup

Wanderer78 wrote: »
        94 was actually broadcast live on 2fm at the time, i had it on repeat for years, but heres some youtube copies, you can lift it from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr6YEsdIBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eSMkVmx_4

I taped it off the radio and was cursing when the DJ spoke over the intro to One and called it a "bizarre end to Metallica's set".... :pac:
        Little did he know they were only going up another gear at that part of the set.

Any easy way of ripping that YT Woodstock video off YT to have on hard drive for posterity?

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I taped it off the radio and was cursing when the DJ spoke over the intro to One and called it a "bizarre end to Metallica's set".... :pac:
        Little did he know they were only going up another gear at that part of the set.

Any easy way of ripping that YT Woodstock video off YT to have on hard drive for posterity?

taped it myself

loads of ripping software out there, wouldnt know whats good nowadays, quick google should resolve that

Listening to the "remastered" AJFA on Spotify. What am I supposed to be hearing here that's better?

Listening to the "remastered" AJFA on Spotify. What am I supposed to be hearing here that's better?

You’ll need flac files or a cd to hear a difference surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

You’ll need flac files or a cd to hear a difference surely

CD would be the same quality as highest level streaming... Vinyl or flac is the higher level

Think I might pick up the remaster AJFA on vinyl altogether. The expanded 3 CD looks good with the live gig. Some good cuts on it.

Not a lot on Spotify. They need to up their audio game big league.

It sounds incredible on vinyl and on Tidal Masters though.

I assume RTL sounds good on the remastered vinyl (or CD) as well? I am still torn between vinyl and CD these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Wouldn't say i was overly impressed.

Degag wrote: »

Wouldn't say i was overly impressed.

Its catchy enough tbh

Is Miley Cyrus singing if so she sounds like a guy ?

Looking forward to Volbeats version of Dont Trend on Me and Biffy Clyros 'Holier Than Thou'

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seattle '89 blows everything out of the water, IMO the best live period of the band full stop

Advertisement