Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hellfest , France 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

That’s some line-up.

First glance I thought it was 7 days in a row! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i made that mistake myself at first !
    I though wow megadeth are playing twice !!!

€290 for 4 day ticket.
    Bit tough getting there - 6hr train from Cherbourg.

Fly to Nantes via Amsterdam and/or CDG
    Flights to La Rochelle are wednesday in + Wednesday out... ( might change though?)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is it called Hellfest wouldn't it make sense having in in Belfast instead, at least it would rhyme.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

greenspurs wrote: »

Bit tough getting there - 6hr train from Cherbourg.

Fly to Nantes via Amsterdam and/or CDG
    Flights to La Rochelle are wednesday in + Wednesday out... ( might change though?)

I'm thinking about Friday - industrial dream lineup but looks like not only getting there is difficult, it's camping only, middle of nowhere festival. Copenhell is cool, walking distance from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Looks like a pension gig for a lot of bands :) There'll be more beer guts, receding hairlines and creaky joints on stage than you can shake a stick at! Would still be worth going to though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Granadino wrote: »
    Looks like a pension gig for a lot of bands :) There'll be more beer guts, receding hairlines and creaky joints on stage than you can shake a stick at! Would still be worth going to though!

Isn't that just because all the best bands are old now

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Here lads I know self praise is no praise, but you will get a genuine no following balls out rock gig in the Button Factory on July 20th should you choose to go

Gwan homegrown metal, needs all the help it can get when all that is pushed here is indie, singer songwriter and rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBw_1GZs6oI

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Damn hard to choose which days to go, Metal festival in France with no days being headlined by Gojira I am very disappointment.
    I have to go the 17th to see Rotting Christ, 18th for Vreid (only chance to ever hear some Windir songs live), travel around France for a few days and get back for the 26th for Mercyful Fate, Triptykon and MGLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Burzum wrote: »
    Damn hard to choose which days to go, Metal festival in France with no days being headlined by Gojira I am very disappointment.
    I have to go the 17th to see Rotting Christ, 18th for Vreid (only chance to ever hear some Windir songs live), travel around France for a few days and get back for the 26th for Mercyful Fate, Triptykon and MGLA.

I'd say hold off a few weeks see what else gets announced then take a punt,if your like me and spend more time at the smaller stages at these festivals you'll likely get more value somewhere else rather then hellfest or download, somewhere like brutal assault or metaldays will have alot of the same acts as the small stages in the bigger fest but more time and it'll work out much nicer on the Wallet if your further east.

I'd say hold off a few weeks see what else gets announced then take a punt,if your like me and spend more time at the smaller stages at these festivals you'll likely get more value somewhere else rather then hellfest or download, somewhere like brutal assault or metaldays will have alot of the same acts as the small stages in the bigger fest but more time and it'll work out much nicer on the Wallet if your further east.

Yeah that's true but misses and some friends that would probably go aswell would be going to main stage bands etc so i'd be happy enough to fork out and head off to smaller stage for the day and meet them all after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any breakdown of what band are playing what days..would love to see nightwish.

The link up the top shows the lineups for each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any breakdown of what band are playing what days..would love to see nightwish.

Aint they playing The Point soon??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »

Yes in Nov ish time???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Burzum wrote: »

Its not on the 17th , 18th or 19th - that was the postponed festival line up from 2019.

Its on 23rd -> 26th July 2022

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

scudzilla wrote: »

Yeah but I'd totally rule out anything normal here until 2022. They're also playing wacken open air and I'm considering that too.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Its not on the 17th , 18th or 19th - that was the postponed festival line up from 2019.

Its on 23rd -> 26th July 2022

Oh damn that changes everything, will relook.

Advertisement