Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Average filling cost these days?

Options
  • 22-06-2021 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what's the average cost of a filling these days? Went to a new dentist in Belfast this morning and was shocked at what I was quoted, 150 pounds for the consultation (including four x-rays) and I need three fillings (UR5, LR6 & UL6) for which they want 180 pounds (210 euro) each. My jaw dropped to the floor. Is that a rip off? It's been three years since I've got dental treatment. I've got the xrays so I'm tempted just to shop around for a better price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Hi,

Just wondering what's the average cost of a filling these days? Went to a new dentist in Belfast this morning and was shocked at what I was quoted, 150 pounds for the consultation (including four x-rays) and I need three fillings (UR5, LR6 & UL6) for which they want 180 pounds (210 euro) each. My jaw dropped to the floor. Is that a rip off? It's been three years since I've got dental treatment. I've got the xrays so I'm tempted just to shop around for a better price.

Why do you need so many fillings is it because your jaw dropped to the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

markmoto wrote: »
    Why do you need so many fillings is it because your jaw dropped to the floor?

Among other mishaps at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Most dentists publish their prices. Shop around if you're not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Among other mishaps at the weekend

In Dublin you can get filling for each between 80-150 euros depending on material used and location.

But try Dundalk first, more affordable.
    https://www.smiles.ie/clinic/dentist-in-dundalk/price-list/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I paid €212 for a (white) filling yesterday, a bit surprised at how expensive it was, but I like the dentist, and they have my history from previous examinations. But yeah, pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dickdasr1234

What about a filling that failed and required extraction a week later. Should the dentist charge full whack on both counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Count yourselves lucky, have to have tooth filler applied, basically bonding in December after braces for the past year and a half. Three small bonds is all, that’ll be $700 please plus another $300 for cleaning and polishing…..mind you teeth have never looked so good..😀

Advertisement