Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

feylya wrote: »
    Since we're talking about guitars

550295.jpg

A beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

feylya wrote:

I wouldn't know what to fecken do with it! How does it play?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

feylya wrote: »

550295.jpg

I have the Ltd version without the sticker and fabricated wear and tear. Great guitar. Floyd Rose tremelo is a pain in the hole when it comes to changing strings though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭klose

Always wanted to give a guitar loaded with emgs a whirl, mostly cause they look cool ha, would there be much difference to a set of humbuckers?

more guitar stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I wouldn't know what to fecken do with it! How does it play?

Pretty much plays itself. Incredible instrument.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I have the Ltd version without the sticker and fabricated wear and tear. Great guitar. Floyd Rose tremelo is a pain in the hole when it comes to changing strings though

Floyd Rose's are something you either love or hate. Been changing them for 20 years at this point, so I'm used to them.
    klose wrote: »
    Always wanted to give a guitar loaded with emgs a whirl, mostly cause they look cool ha, would there be much difference to a set of humbuckers?

Different frequency responses, quieter, potentially more "sterile". I love them, though I find myself leaning more towards passives these days. Still want to try some Fishman fluence though.

Passive all the way for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

James did an interview in March, where he said the band have written over 10 new songs in quarantine.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/metallica-have-written-over-10-new-songs-quarantine

Lithium93_ wrote:
    James did an interview in March, where he said the band have written over 10 new songs in quarantine.

Read that alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Seems to be somewhat of a metal weekend on Sky Arts for anyone interested. S&M2 being broadcast tomorrow evening (although i have a sneaky suspicion it's only about half the concert)

Best of Download Festival over the last 10 years being broadcast over two parts tonight and tomorrow also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as yesterday marked the 25 year anniversary of Load being released...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rob is either playing “eighties” by killing joke or accidentally copied it there for that intro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

8 or so festival shows announced for Europe next Summer. Unsurprisingly, no Ireland thus far (and unlikely to be i’d imagine)

Surprising as i thought Metallica’s festival days were behind them seeing as *i’d guess they make more from their own tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭klose

Degag wrote: »
    8 or so festival shows announced for Europe next Summer. Unsurprisingly, no Ireland thus far (and unlikely to be i’d imagine)

Surprising as i thought Metallica’s festival days were behind them seeing as *i’d guess they make more from their own tours.

I wonder is there any uncertainty (please god I hope and pray not) of gigs still going full steam ahead next summer so it might be easier to sign up to a few festivals to test the waters, less hassle and work if gigs get scaled back.

easy money, fly in fly out no gigs back to back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Foos and others are playing MSG in New York, full attendance (You must be vaccinated , of course !!) so you can see what the stipulation for attending gigs going forward is.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

probably a big deal done there worth a fortune, good sign though, industry is gaining confidence
    greenspurs wrote: »
    The Foos and others are playing MSG in New York, full attendance (You must be vaccinated , of course !!) so you can see what the stipulation for attending gigs going forward is.

...and rightfully so, vaccines are the only way to stop this thing

...and rightfully so, vaccines are the only way to stop this thing

I wont get into that, as it isnt the place ....... :rolleyes:

I wont get into that, as it isnt the place ....... :rolleyes:

...ah right....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

klose wrote: »
    I wonder is there any uncertainty (please god I hope and pray not) of gigs still going full steam ahead next summer so it might be easier to sign up to a few festivals to test the waters, less hassle and work if gigs get scaled back.

I took the risk and spent the 90 or so quid on the Italian show today. I’m hopeful, but not expectant, it will go ahead. A lot of people seem to think the governments of Europe are simply going to allow life to return to what we knew as normal once X number of vaccinations are reached. I, however, believe this farce will continue until a majority of people say enough is enough. I do hope that’s before next summer.

Jayesdiem wrote:
    I took the risk and spent the 90 or so quid on the Italian show today. I’m hopeful, but not expectant, it will go ahead. A lot of people seem to think the governments of Europe are simply going to allow life to return to what we knew as normal once X number of vaccinations are reached. I, however, believe this farce will continue until a majority of people say enough is enough. I do hope that’s before next summer.

What's the craic with the rise in conspiracies, lockdowns weren't done just for the craic! Next year should be fine, with most vaccinated, we should be well past covid

What's the craic with the rise in conspiracies, lockdowns weren't done just for the craic! Next year should be fine, with most vaccinated, we should be well past covid

200 odd with 'it' in the country... It will be repeat vaccinations next...

Anyway Metallica also on the Rock Werchter line up...
    Looks to be a good festival, quite easy to get to....

greenspurs wrote:
    200 odd with 'it' in the country... It will be repeat vaccinations next...

The country will be opening soon enough, there's nothing to be worrying about folks, yup, numbers are stabilising, largely due to rollout, even with delta roaming about, we should be getting back to some sort of normality by the end of summer. Anyone hear anything about the gig in Dublin last week?

The country will be opening soon enough, there's nothing to be worrying about folks, yup, numbers are stabilising, largely due to rollout, even with delta roaming about, we should be getting back to some sort of normality by the end of summer. Anyone hear anything about the gig in Dublin last week?

I heard on some radio show that it was 'strange'

00171534-614.jpg

That doesnt look like fun to me !!!
    Like sheep in pens ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Where did I suggest a conspiracy theory? There’s no conspiracy theory when it’s happening in front of your eyes. I think you’re falling in to the trap that nearly everyone else has over the last year. It’s always another week, another month, hold firm, we’re almost there etc, except it rolls on and on. Just yesterday, Britain was adamant that July 19th will be the opening date and it probably will; but already they have stated that they cannot rule out even more lockdowns in the winter, probably regional in nature. So really it’s not the opening date, it’s actually the end of the current series of restrictions until they deem it necessary to reimpose them again. Back to Metallica, my own (personal) estimate is that there’s about a 75% chance it will go ahead next year and that was sufficient for me to part with €90. If your take on it is correct, my ticket wouldn’t have come with such a highly robust refund policy in the event of Covid restrictions being reimposed but those policies are going to be the main driver of sales until there is confidence that events can’t just be cancelled on a whim as they have been thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Black Album remaster and 53 artists from all genres covering songs from the album coming in September,some of the snippets of the covers are really decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Black Album remaster and 53 artists from all genres covering songs from the album coming in September,some of the snippets of the covers are really decent!

W/ Imelda May!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

W/ Imelda May!

The artist list is really interesting,has Lars fingerprints all over it....just surprised he hasnt got Noel Gallagher on it!

Advertisement