Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannondale CAAD Optimo 1 question

Options
  • 21-06-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question or two lads as I cant seem to find anywhere mentioning this online.

What size or type of flat pedals will fit this bike?? Also same question for mudguards.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

all pedals use the same standard screw thread for mounting, so any should fit.

regarding mudguards, there are no mudguard mounting bosses on it so you'd need something like raceblades which can clip onto the stays or other tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

all pedals use the same standard screw thread for mounting, so any should fit.

regarding mudguards, there are no mudguard mounting bosses on it so you'd need something like raceblades which can clip onto the stays or other tubes.

Thanks for the reply!

Ya the pedal situation I figured would be straightforward enough it was more the protection for wet weather. It just mentions there's subtle rack and fender mounts for expansion on the description of the bike I wasn't sure what that included!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah, it looks like that at least on the rear, they're fitted on the inside of the seatstays which is why they don't appear on standard photos.

ah, it looks like that at least on the rear, they're fitted on the inside of the seatstays which is why they don't appear on standard photos.

I guess the best bet would be to ask the lads in the bike shop when I go to pick it up (Whenever that is!) I just wanted to see could I find somewhere cheaper in the meantime this place is overpriced the vast majority of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭ARX

Will standard mudguards go under those brakes? If not, a set of SKS Raceblade Longs might be your best bet.

• Advertisement

ARX wrote: »
    Will standard mudguards go under those brakes? If not, a set of SKS Raceblade Longs might be your best bet.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=144902

So these then?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭ARX

ARX wrote: »
    Them's the ones!

Cheers I'll have a look around !

Advertisement